CHAPTER 58

ALEXIS POV

“What are you smirking for, Alexis?” I’m staring at my blank phone when Glaiziel—yes, I confirmed, beside me spoke.

Well, I’m smirking because after all, that wallet that I intentionally dropped whilst playing drunk that night when I heard from our maid that she was upstairs, might have done its purpose to make me confirm that she’s truly Ali because only her knew my teenager looks not Glaiziel, though it’s a very late reaction that I got from her causing me to think tha she’s really Gly because she didn’t even come to me and questioned me.

But I still don’t understand her for claiming that she fell off a cliff and she’s Glaiziel Itsuka.

Hindi ko sa ganitong paraan gustong sabihin sa kaniyang ako si Rico, noon ko pa iniisip kung paano dahil alam kong magagalit siya at natatakot akong masira kami, mag-iiba ang tingin niya sa akin at maaaring mawala rin ang pagmamahal niya, kagaya lang ngayon na napatunayan kong galit na galit siya sa akin; nais ko siyang makausap nang masinsinan at makapagpaliwanag subalit ang desperado ko noong malaman kung tama ba ang bugso ng damdamin kong siya si Ali, nagawa ko na’t lahat-lahat ay wala akong reaksiyon na nagawa, maging sa huli kong alas na iyong pitaka ay wala rin.

To be honest, I only have three basic units of brain but the thoughts that it contains are more than what it could carry, I guess I’m about to become crazy.

I only have four chambers of heart but the feelings its having inside are enough to give me a heart âttâtck. This is too much to process, I don’t even know where to start again, how to react, what to do, when to think, why am I experiencing this?

Family problems, provincial problems, and I have no idea about my businesses yet but I hope that my shareholders are taking care of it now because I can’t slice my body to attend and solve all of these.

First off; it’s confirmed that she’s Alliyah and she took away my daughter with her, second, Renz is her son all this time? And he’s mine? Why didn’t she tell me this all along? I would have treated my child better than how I did and he would have known me as his father.

Like, I didn’t know that we had a child even before Starlette.

I kind of feel betrayed by my wife but I know that she feels more betrayed by me even, I failed her.

I should be angry with her for confusing the shit out of me and hurting me in thousands of language but I just couldn’t, though I’m disappointed and a little bit upset, but mad at her, no.

Because I know that she will still talk to me as to why she did this and she might want to hear my explanations, she is softhearted especially when it comes to her kids—and I’m their dad, she will choose to give them a complete family over her pride.

Renz is my son...

Renz is my son...

Renz is my son...

This had me spacing out, contemplating whether I am being played with again or not anymore, I couldn’t catch up on how my brain is literally working right now.

Puwede namang anak ko talaga si Renz e dahil parang nakikita ko sa kaniya ang hitsura ng nanay ko pero sa lalaking katawan, kaso hindi naman magandang iyon lang ang pagbasehan. Mauunawaan kong hindi sinabi sa akin ni Alliyah siya ang nanay ni Renz dahil maaaring napaisip siyang mag-iiba ang tingin ko sa kaniya o hindi ko matatanggap?

And she didn’t know that I was the father, right? It’s my bad for assuming that she would have told me earlier about our first child because she didn’t even know.

Ngunit kahit pa sabihin niya lamang sa akin bilang asawa niya na anak niya si Renz, tatratuhin ko talaga iyong parang anak ko rin.

But it has all happened now, the best thing to do is to fix everything with her; she made mistakes and I did too, as a married couple still, we have to sort things out and understand each other—I just hope that she still loves me as well, especially now that she knew the truth, she sounded unforgiving through the phone and I couldn’t dial her number again.

Sa parte ko ay kailangan kong magpaliwanag sa maaaring inaakala niyang babaing ipinalit ko sa kaniya, sa biglaan kong paglaho, at sa lahat-lahat ng kuwistiyong ibabato niya sa akin. Sa parte niya naman ay marami rin akong katanungang kailangang masagutan.

I will do everything to get her back, my son, and my daughter, and this time if our family gets fixed, it won’t fall to chaos and scatter to pieces again.

Pero tama naman pala ako dating hindi mapapahamak si Ali dahil maingat siyang magmaneho, lahat na lang ay naturingang mali.

“Alexis! I’ve been asking you, you don’t even seem to listen to me!” napukaw ako ng pagsigaw ng babaeng ito kaya pabuntong-hininga ko na siyang nilingon ngayon. “Ang sabi ko’y naaawa na ako sa state ng isip ng kakambal ko, pati ang ibang bata ay gagamitin niya para magtagumpay sa misyon niyang kunin ang anak ko, anak niyo pa nga raw. At ano raw, ikaw si Rico? Kailan ka pa naging si Rico?”

I slightly grimaced and my body suddenly itched as I remember being so close to her, 10× scrubbing won’t be enough to remove all of my sîns. “Exactly,” I answered menacingly.

“Mr. Demasero, we’ve located the place of the call, should we go there?” napalingon ako sa isang FBI officer.

“Of course, let’s go,” walang pagdadalawang-isip kong pagsang-ayon.

Humakbang na ako nang taranta namang tumayo si Glaiziel, “S-saan kayo pupunta? Sasama ako kung papunta kayo sa lokasyon ng anak ko.”

“Wala kang anak, Glaiziel, manahimik ka na. Have some shame and respect for yourself.” I uttered for the last time before stepping out of my house, not my main house, just a house where I invited the investigators.