Chapter 4

Matthew went to their basement to pick Jackson's old crib. Now that he was two years old, he slept on a normal bed with a lot of pillows around him, to prevent eventual falls. Carol was already in their room, dressing Emily with a pink babygrow.

"You were anxious to put that on, weren't you?" He chuckled.

She gave him a smile.

"Yes, I was. Now you cannot say anything against it."

God, how he loved his mate. She was gorgeous, long black hair and brown eyes, curves that would make his mouth water just with one look. She was a wonderful mother and wife and everyday he thanked the Moon Goddess to match her with him.
He ok the crib beside their bed and cleaned it with a wrap. He went to one of the wardrobes to retrieve the special pillow. Carol had cleaned it after they moved Jackson to his new room. She had said that someday she would want to try to have a girl and wanted everything to be prepare when that time arrived.

Emily soon was asleep and they lay her on her new bed.
Matthew hugged Carol and both stood there some minutes watching their new daughter.

"She seems so peaceful while sleeping. I hope she will be that calm." She whispered.

Part of the reason they hadn't try to have another child was because Jackson had been a loud boy since birth. He would cry for hours non stop during his first year.

"She will babe and it she isn't, we can always call Kyle to come and calm her. Their bond, even she being a baby and not understanding why, will soothe her soul." He kissed Carol in her forehead before they went to bed.

*********

The following morning, Kyle went to the nearest city, to the mall. He wanted to buy something for Emily. Jewels was not what he had in mind. She had months and she needed something according to her age. He entered a toy shop and looked for something he thought she could like. His eyes settled on a black teddy wolf. He thought that it was the best gift to her. His wolf was all black too and that made the gift special. He boughed it and went back to the pack, heading directly to Carol's house. It was already ten in the morning and some pack members that were in the streets turned to look at him, bowing their heads in respect. Kyle saluted them but he didn't stop.

When he reached the front door, he knocked, waiting for someone to open it.

Matthew appeared wearing just pants. His muscular torso showing in all glory.

Kyle couldn't stop objecting.

"Put some shirt on. You have children here."

"Relax man! I'm her dad now and besides, she will shift one day and she has to be prepared to see a man's body." He teased. Kyle growled.

"Just put a shirt on."

While Matthew went to grab a shirt, Kyle looked around the house. The day before had been the first time he had stepped inside Carol and Matthew's house.

It was spacious, not so much as his mansion but it was comfortable. On his left was the kitchen, it was modern, with white counters and white walls. On his right was the living room. It had a big couch and a flat tv screen in front of it.

Carol was in the kitchen preparing the milk to give to Emily. Her daughter had slept well through the night and gave her precious hours to rest.

"Hey Kyle!" She yelled when she noticed him there.

"Hi! I hope I'm not too early." He said.

"Not at all. If she is not awake, she will be soon."

Matthew entered the kitchen and motioned Kyle to follow him to their living room. They sat on the couch waiting for Carol to join them with Emily. Kyle decided to fill the silence.