Chapter 14

Emily didn't lose time exploring her room. She had to take everything from her bags and try to make her new room more cozy and familiar, before dinner time arrived. She put all her clothes in the large and beautifully craved wardrobe. The pictures she had chose to bring with her, of her family and friends, she distributed all around her new private place. The happy faces of her friends could be found at the desk along with some of her books and her laptop.  The picture of her family won a special place at her nightstand. Her teddy wolf, the gift Kyle had given her when she was young, laid on her cushions, guarding her bed silently.

After unpacking everything, she went to the big bathroom so she could take a shower to clean all the sweat from arranging her new sanctuary. The hot water made her feel carefree, even if downstairs was her mate, holding her future in his hands. 

After washing her hair and body, Emily got out, wrapping a white fluffy towel around her body to cover her nakedness. She dried her hair and went to her room to choose the clothes for dinner. A white dress caught her eye and she decided to wear it tonight. It was simple and fresh, falling down her body graciously and making her curves more noticeable. A wicked smile spread on her face. Kyle would not dare resist her right? She wasn't a woman full of herself, but she damn well knew that she had some attributes that any man, and specially her mate, could not dare resist.

Her sensual and feminine legs carried her downstairs. She had to speak with Kyle, confront him, so she could understand why he hadn't tell her about being her mate before. When she reached the lower step, she looked around, trying to find which way could he study be located. The glass doors, that she had seen before, seemed to lead to the living room and a hallway. Emily decided, that most likely, his study was at the end of the dark corridor.

Silently, she opened the crystal door and stepped inside what she supposed was the living room. She didn't lose time looking around and headed to the dark hall at her right. In an attempt to confirm her suspicions, she smelled the air, looking out for his scent. A duskier odor filled her nostrils and made her wolf's attention perk and with that, she confirmed her previous suspicions. She walked carefully, not wanting to alert him of her closeness, even if she knew he could easily smell her before she found him.  At the end of the dark hall was two wooden black doors indicating that what lay behind them, must be grand. 

Emily gathered all her courage to see, for the second time that day, her mate and knocked on the hard material. The waiting was not long, but her wolf was impatient and she forced her breath to steady before she saw him. She wanted to be calm and collected, to lead a normal conversation with the powerful male that was her mate. 

Kyle sensed her before the knock. He was avoiding Emily so he could control himself from doing something he would after regret. Now that she was there and he knew that she could sense him inside, he had no way out of this situation. He felt his wolf try to break his skin and control the human part that was resisting the bond to the amazing female behind the door. For some moments, he thought that he could escape the situation and jump out of the window, but he had to be correct and talk with her. If his mother, that had died when he was little, saw him now, she would kick his ass hard enough for his behavior. She would let a mark on his bottom that would only vanish after one week.

He sighed, accepting defeat. "Come in."

Emily's high senses detected his mood, his intention and she didn't like any of that, but she decided to look over it that time. She needed answers and she was going to get them. Determination brought her hand up to open the door. 

Emily's pretty face appeared first and after, her lustful body came into view. Kyle's heart went insane, beating hard and fast on his chest. He swallowed discreetly, his eyes scanning her from head to toe.