Chapter 5

*** Four years later... ***

"Emily, sweetie, wake up. It's time to go to your first day in kindergarden." Carol whispered shaking her shoulder gently.

Her daughter had grown up fast, she was now four years old and with her blond locks and green eyes, she was adorable.

"I want to sleep and continue dreaming about the green monkey, mommy." She said, her voice dreamily.

Carol chuckled. "Maybe you will find the green monkey at school. Now come on, it's time to get ready."

"Mommy, the green monkey is not real, he just appeares in my dreams." She complained but got up nonetheless.

"Let's take a shower and after, get ready for your first day. I will make you pancakes for breakfast."

That made Emily run to the bathroom. She loved the fluffy food. Carol helped her get a shower and put a red dress. She wanted to dress Emily in pink but the little one hated that color.

What have I done for them to hate so much the color pink?

They went to the kitchen and Carol busied herself preparing breakfast for all of them. Matthew would have a meeting in the pack house and after, he would go on patrol. He had ask Kyle permission to be free part of the day, to take and pick up his kids from school.

"Will Jackson go with me?" Emily asked. She was a bit afraid of the first day. What if the other kids didn't like her?

"No honey. Jackson will go to the primary school, but don't worry, it will be fun. You will meet more kids of your age and make new friends."

"Oh ok." She replied a bit sad.

"But if you need anything, you just have to ask the teacher and she will call me or daddy. Ok sweetie?"

"Ok."

Carol had been right, Emily growing in the pack, made her scent change and now she was a pack member like the others. That would help her fitting in school. Carol, as a caring mother, was relieved with that.

Jackson and Matthew joined them to breakfast and all four began to talk about the expectations for the day. Jackson seemed nervous too, but he didn't say a word. Since Emily joined the family, he took the role as the big brother seriously. He always put a positive face in front of his sister, even when he was trembling in fear inside.

"Em, if someone bothers you, just tell me and I will teach them a lesson." Jackson said with a serious face.

"Jacky, don't say those things. Violence is not the solution and besides, Emily will have no problems with the other kids." Matthew said in his father's tone.

Both parents decided to take the children to school since it was their first day. They went to Jackson's school first and he ran to his friends from elementary when he saw them.

"Our boy is already happy and integrated. Now, it's the time for our little girl." Matthew said piking Emily up.

Jackson turned to wave goodbye to his parents and after, went inside with a group of boys.

Carol and Matthew began walking in the direction of Emily's school. It was near Jackson's and they both were in the pack territory. The students were all werewolves. When they approached the entrance they saw some parents hugging or whispering encourage words to their children. Matthew put Emily down and looked at her.

"Now baby girl, this is your first day with new kids. Behave always and do what the teacher commands. Ok?" Matthew said putting her down.

"Yes daddy." She whispered and hugged him tightly. She did the same to her mother and walked slowly to the building. From her point of view, the building was enormous and that alone made her scare. She mustered all the courage that she had, and walked in. In the school footsteps, was a girl that was almost crying seeing her mother leave. Emily went to her.