Chapter 34

The day began like the others. The sun went up slowly, the trees began to show her brown and green colors again since the light was keeping the darkness far.

Kyle woke up before Emily and went downstairs to the kitchen to make her a nice breakfast. He decided to go with bacon and eggs along with some pancakes with honey. He was in the process to make her orange juice, when she entered the kitchen, already dressed and ready to start her day.

"I thought you would stay in bed, so I could take this to you." He said, walking to her and placing a soft kiss to her lips.

"I wanted to help you and enjoy this moment with you."

Her wolf was demanding her to be beside her mate. Deep inside, she knew that the chances of getting out of this plan and adventure alive were slim. Her soul felt completely divided. One half of her wanted to tell the truth, the other knew that it was better to keep quiet and follow her instincts. Avoiding thinking to much of what her day would turn out, Emily smiled at her mate and started preparing the table so they could seat and enjoy the time together.

"You are nervous. Why?" Kyle's asked worried.

"I'm just thinking of your safety. Are you sure you will not be attacked while visiting that pack?" Emily asked, her expression blank.

"Don't worry too much. Robert is my friend since we were kids. Besides, Marc is coming with me. Everything will be fine." Kyle pressed a kiss to Emily's lips, before Marc entered the room.

"I'm ready." He said, smiling at Emily. He was anxious to get to that pack, so they could convince Robert to help them with the man behind the attacks. Looking at Emily he sensed that something was off, but he decided to keep quiet. He mind-linked Luke, telling him to keep a close eye on her.

Marc grabbed the car and waited in front of the mansion for Kyle to join him.
When his Alpha closed the door, he asked him what was going on with his mate.

"I think she is worried about us going to Robert's pack. I could sense her worries and doubts for the past week."
Kyle replied, while buckling the seat belt.

"Do you think she knows about her origins? Her formal pack?" Marc asked worried.

Kyle remained silence for some moments, thinking about that.

"I don't think so, but we have to be careful."
With that, they set of the road that would led them south, where his friend's territory was located.

Meanwhile, Emily was preparing a bag with some sandwiches and clothes. She didn't plan to get her clothes ripped off but she felt the need to assure that if that happen, she would have clothes to change into. After having all in a backpack, she mind linked everyone to meet her at the cabin in half an hour. She knew Luke was in the house with her and she knew she would have to sneak without being seen.

Before she could put her plan in gear, she heard a knock on her door.

"Hey Em! It's Luke. Can you help me train the pack today?" He asked through the other side.

She looked around worried. She didn't want him to get suspicious.

"Hum. Yeah, sure. I think I need an hour to get ready." She replied, praying that he would swallow her excuse.

"So much? Oh come on!! You are faster than that." He complained.

She cursed internally.

Think Emily, think!!

"Well uncle, I'm in those days, you know... Women stuff and I would appreciate if you don't piss me off today! I'm really not in the mood to hear your impatient thoughts." She yelled, trying the best to be convincing.