Chapter 370

Shirou reached Gray's place, a modest apartment.

With Miyu in tow, he arrived at the apartment and knocked on the door.

"Bang, bang, bang!"

A gentle voice belonging to Gray came from within, "Who's there?"

"It's Fujimaru Shirou."

Inside, Gray's voice sounded like that of a distressed little bunny. Then, a flustered voice followed, and finally, with a creaking sound, the door opened, revealing Gray in her neat attire.

Gently gripping the doorknob, she cast a timid glance at him and asked, "Umm... Fujimaru-sama, do you need something from me?"

"Come with me to Fuyuki City."

"Huh?" she was momentarily stunned and didn't react.

He clicked his tongue, sounding a bit displeased, "Artoria, how long do you intend to possess someone else's body? I've never seen a knight so disgraceful!"

Artoria, who was hiding inside the room, peeked her head out and secretly watched Shirou. When she heard his words, she let out a whine and crouched in the corner, trembling.

"I want to die... I want to die...!" she muttered to herself.

Gray cast a quick glance at Artoria, then redirected her attention to him, mustering the courage to clarify, "Um... Fujimaru-sama, you've misunderstood. The one you are presently conversing with is indeed me, Gray. The King... the King of Knights has not taken control of my body."

Shirou, fully aware of the truth, had merely been testing them, and both of them had unwittingly fallen for it.

He pointed towards the spot where Gray had just glanced and asked, "Is she over there?"

"Yes," she nodded.

"Ask her to enter your body and come with me. I've already informed your guardian."

"Professor..." she was momentarily taken aback, then nodded, "Understood."

Artoria entered Gray's body and followed Shirou.

He led them back to the car, motioning for Miyu to take a seat in the back alongside Gray.

With the invasion from the parallel world looming ever closer, Shirou found himself drained of energy, unable to spare any to comfort the young girl and help her familiarize herself with the new world.

Deciding it might be a good idea, he had Gray and Miyu sit together in the back seat. Considering their relatively close ages of only five years apart, he hoped they would find some common ground to strike up a conversation.

To his surprise, however, the outcome was quite the opposite. The two of them remained in an almost eerie silence throughout the journey, not uttering a single word to each other.

Miyu possessed a naturally calm demeanor, still in the process of acclimating to the strange new world around her. She seemed to be in a constant state of observation, quietly taking in her surroundings and committing faces to memory.

On the other hand, Gray was quite different. This self-conscious young girl wasn't one to take the initiative in social interactions. Instead, she preferred to maintain a comfortable distance and silently observe the people around her.

They were both the introverted type, not exactly the outgoing kind. So, when they first met, it wasn't exactly a surprise that there were no intense sparks flying between them.

As for finding like-minded people and becoming close companions, that seemed more like a fantasy straight out of a light novel.

When two introverts come together, it's more about politely ignoring each other and keeping a comfortable distance.