Chapter 377

Inside Ritsuka's room, a gust of cold wind swept in through the open window, causing the curtains by the bedside to flutter and make a soft rustling sound.

The evening breeze carried a chill, though it paled in comparison to the icy glare in Shirou's eyes.

Artoria, who had been by his side for eight long years, had become well acquainted with his temperaments. The King seldom let anger consume him, but when he did, it left a lasting impact on her.

Her deep understanding of his anger stemmed not only from her constant observation of the King she held in such high regard but also from recognizing that, more often than not, his wrath was not directed at others but at himself.

This held true when she had to depart Cornwall, when she clashed with Vortigern, and even when she witnessed the tragic loss of countless soldiers in battle.

And now, it was the same.

The King she admired only truly revealed his anger when he was angry at himself.

Whether in the past or present, what truly angered the King were not formidable enemies, but rather his own incompetence or mistakes. It all boiled down to that. And now, the King was furious.

"My king..," she called out, breaking the tense silence.

"It's nothing, Artie," he sighed deeply, a sneer forming on his face. "Just a bunch of mongrels who took advantage of my absence and led my sister astray. How troublesome it is to have such foolish creatures around, and to think my sister actually fell for their schemes. I must educate them both properly..."

He turned his head and glanced at her. "I'm sorry. It was sudden, but for now, let's cancel tonight's operation."

"No need to apologize, my king. I... I can't really accept your 'apology' anyway..."

"Do you remember the first thing I told you when we were at Ector's Estate?"

"To... to acknowledge our mistakes and make amends."

He nodded and said, "In this world, there isn't a single person who hasn't made mistakes. It's just a part of being human. What really matters is learning from those mistakes and not repeating them. As for what happened in the Fourth Holy Grail War, I've let it go. So, it's time for you to forgive yourself too."

A surge of black mud enveloped his body, giving birth to two ominous black wings behind him—a manifestation of the "Evil" within. With a graceful motion, he took flight, gently placing his hand on Artoria's head. "That's it then. You should go back and get some rest."

Without looking back, he soared towards the vast expanse of the distant sky.

She gazed after him as he disappeared into the distance, her head hanging low. She whispered with a heavy heart, "I'm sorry, my king... I can't forgive myself. And it's difficult to make amends for my mistakes."

As she turned around, she was startled to find Miyu standing at the door, silently observing Shirou's retreating figure from afar.

She collected herself, her expression softening ever so slightly, and she asked, "Can't you sleep, Miyu?"

Miyu paused for a moment before asking, "You... aren't Gray?"

"No, I am not. I am a spiritual entity residing within her."

"I see..."

"Go back and rest. Children shouldn't be involved in these matters."

"Okay..." she nodded.

...

In an elementary school, Ritsuka and Illya, both transformed using Ruby and Sapphire, stood confidently, prepared to cast their spell.