Chapter 383

Shirou made sure that Miyu got enrolled in the elementary section of Homurahara Academy, in the same class as Illya. But since Miyu was essentially an outsider in this world, they had to create a residence certificate for her. Luckily, he had already taken care of these things back in Britain, thanks to Lorelei. So, the enrollment process went smoothly and didn't take much time.

Once everything was sorted, Miyu got her textbooks and blended in as your typical mysterious transfer student.

Shirou and the homeroom teacher, Fujimura Taiga, walked with Miyu to her new class.

Taiga addressed the class for a bit and then called Miyu to come forward.

Miyu hesitated for a moment, feeling nervous as she had never attended school in this parallel world before.

Standing right behind her, Shirou gave her a gentle nudge, encouraging her with a soft smile. "Go ahead, Miyu."

"Fujimaru-nii..." she turned her head to glance at him.

Shirou maintained his usual calm expression, emitting an imposing aura that naturally kept others at bay. Despite this, Miyu unexpectedly felt a sense of relief in his presence.

It's often the amiable and easy-going people who put others at ease during interactions, but the serious and imposing individuals can evoke a strong sense of trust and security.

With newfound courage, Miyu took a deep breath and stepped into the classroom.

"Hello, everyone. My name is Emiya Miyu." she wrote her name on the blackboard.

The scene caused a buzz of exclamations among the students.

Taiga thoughtfully arranged Miyu's seat right behind Illya. As soon as she sat down, Illya warmly greeted her, and the other students followed suit with their friendly hellos. Miyu responded calmly and politely to each greeting.

To the rest of the class, Miyu appeared somewhat reserved, but Shirou knew better. He understood that she was just a child who had never experienced such interactions before and was awkwardly trying to adapt to this unfamiliar environment.

From outside the classroom, he observed the whole situation.

Suddenly, his expression darkened, and he placed his hand on his forehead, shaking his head with a slightly pained sigh.

...

At the Fujimaru residence, Sakura had also started attending school, which left only Gray and Ritsuka at home. Though Ritsuka had to take leave from school due to a sore bottom.

At first, she hid under the covers on the bed, but as soon as her sister, Sakura, who was acting as her brother's henchman, left the house, she quietly climbed down.

Holding her sore bottom, Ritsuka tiptoed into Shirou's room.

"Ruby... Ruby..." she called out softly.

Despite her brother having given her a spanking, her primary concern was her friend Ruby, even though she was in pain.

The idea that her brother was so powerful, easily defeating magical girls with Ruby and Sapphire, and even effortlessly overwhelming Medusa, whom she considered a formidable enemy, was beyond her imagination.

Knowing her brother's temperament quite well, she feared that if Ruby fell into his hands, things would undoubtedly take a turn for the worse.

But she was determined to save Ruby.

Why? Was there even a need to ask? Ruby was her good friend, and that reason alone was enough.

While she didn't know where her brother had hidden Ruby, she recalled that he had a treasured, well-protected box that he considered very precious. It was a safe box that he usually wouldn't allow her to touch.

"I think the password is something like four-five...?" she tried to recollect the password her brother had set. It was a three-digit number, and she was sure about 4 and 5 being part of it. However, the third digit remained a mystery, so she had to try them one by one.

Eventually, after trying "453," she successfully opened the safe.

Inside, she found many dusty, unopened books, along with various old newspapers and magazines.

Carefully flipping through them, she discovered that most of the books were about King Arthur's legendary stories.

"Seriously, is my brother still like a child, just like me?" she remarked disapprovingly. "He's actually reading these fairy tale legends, and he even buys them without opening the package. Hmph. He's always telling me that I waste money, but isn't he doing the same?"

Her brother's habit of buying books but not reading them, merely storing them in the safe, struck her as strange. She couldn't understand why he would do that. To her, it seemed like a complete waste of money!

Eventually, after berating her for wasting money, he was the one wasting money. Hmph. What a brother who can only talk but not act! she complained silently, then continued searching the safe while softly calling for "Ruby."

Finally, she discovered a long, black box tucked away in the safe.

"Maybe it's hidden in here?" she reached out, trying to touch the mysterious black box. Suddenly, a dark, muddy hand emerged from it, reaching out towards her!

Startled, she couldn't help but let out a surprised "Ah!"

The black hand seemed to hesitate for a moment in front of her before slowly retracting back into the box.

The surface of the black box appeared to be flowing with a strange black mud, as if the box itself was made of the mud.

After a brief moment of hesitation, Ritsuka's worry for her friend's safety overpowered her fear of the mysterious black mud. She mustered her courage and reached out to grab the black box, but to her relief, the black mud didn't cause her any harm.

She opened the box and her expression turned strange. Instead of finding a ruby, she discovered a single strand of golden hair.

Taking out the strand of hair, her face displayed a puzzled expression, and she whispered to herself, "Why would my brother keep Arcueid's hair? Wait a minute! Does this mean... could it be possible that my brother actually has feelings for Arcueid?"

She felt as if she had stumbled upon her brother's biggest secret!

"What are you doing, Princess?"

Suddenly, a voice rang out from behind, catching Ritsuka off guard. She turned around in a fluster and found Gray standing there, her blue eyes fixated on her with a serious and stern look.

It was difficult to believe that this was the same timid girl she had met just the day before.

Feeling guilty for snooping around, she quickly waved her hands and stammered, "Oh, uh, it's... nothing, really..."

Earlier, Artoria heard her scream and immediately thought something terrible had happened. She swiftly took possession of Gray's body and hurried over to investigate, only to discover that Ritsuka had made a mess of Shirou's room.

"That's..." Her eyes fell upon the strand of golden hair in Ritsuka's hand, causing her to pause.

"It's Arcueid's hair, and my brother has been keeping it. Ugh, he's such a pervert! Who keeps someone's hair like that?" Ritsuka complained.

Artoria remained silent.

Putting the hair back into the box, she thought of something and turned to face Artoria, pleading, "Gray, please... I beg you, please don't tell my brother about me messing up his room!"

Artoria hesitated. As a knight of the king, it was her duty to report such matters to her king.

"Please! If my brother finds out, he'll definitely spank me again!"

Artoria: "..."

As she looked at the teary-eyed princess, her heart softened.

However, agreeing to keep this secret would mean she'd have to hide the truth from the king, betraying him again. On the other hand, if she chose to be honest, the princess would end up getting a spanking.

She found herself caught in a dilemma.

...

Get the latest chapters up to Chapter 840 on my Patreon: patreon.com/bcloud