His birthday.

Request - Could you do one where it's his birthday and Y/N pulls out all the stops (gets a funny card, makes a painting for him, bakes a cool cake wears a pretty sundress) and Kayce gets so touched he chokes up a bit and can't stop kissing you.

You shut the fridge doors and you were finally done. Adding up the hours in your head, you had spent the last nine hours preparing for Kayce's birthday. This wasn't the first birthday the two of you would celebrate. But it was the first birthday the two of you would be together in the past three years. Whether it was Kayce's job or family, something had always come up.

Glancing at the clock you saw it was almost six. That meant Kayce should be here with Tate at any moment. Smoothing out your dark green sundress you walked into the living room of the foreman's cabin.

On the kitchen table was a card and a small, square package. You painted in your pastime, something you truly loved. For the most part, you did smaller pieces and it had been a while since you finished one. But you pushed through and were able to even have it framed for Kayce's birthday.

The pound of his truck pulling up made you smile. A minute later, Tate came barreling through, calling your name before he launched himself into your arms.

"Hey, buddy," You giggled as you held Tate against you.

"It's been forever!" Tate looked up at you.

"I saw you on Monday evening," You smirked.

"Forever!" Tate cried.

"Hey, forever?" Kayce walked in with Tate's bag, kicking the door shut behind him. "Wanna handle your own stuff?"

The walked over and took his bag from Kayce before walking down the short hallway to the bedroom. Kayce looked at you and smiled.

"Hey, birthday boy," You walked up to him and wrapped your arms around his neck.

Kayce held your waist as he leaned down and kissed you. He had left early this morning for work. So early, you barely left him to leave the bed before you passed out again.

"Hi darlin'," Kayce mumbled against your lips. "How was your day?"

"Fine," Yiu smiled at him. "Better now...did you have a nice day?"

"It's better now," Kayce winked as Tate walked back into the room.

"What's that?" Tate pointed to the stuff on the kitchen table.

"That's for your dad," You dropped your arms from around Kayce's neck.

"Dad! Open it!" Tate kneeled on one of the chairs.

"What'd you do?" Kayce asked as you two walked over to the table.

"It's nothing," You waved your hand. "It's little."

Kayce rolled his eyes but grabbed the card, opening it. You waited as Kayce's eyes read over the words you had put down. You and Kayce weren't overly romantic people. You loved each other. You showed each other your love in various ways...but sappy, romantic shit wasn't your fortey. But this was Kayce's birthday and you thought maybe a little something would be nice for him to read. 

Kayce turned his head and looked at you. 

"What's it say?" Tate asked from his spot. 

Kayce looked at Tate. 

"My eyes only, bud," Kayce said before he leaned across the corner of the table. 

You tilted your head as Kayce kissed you again. 

"I love you," Kayce said softly. 

"Love you," You kissed him quickly. "Better get the other part over with too before someone has a conniption."