Tipsy Swaying

Request – What if Kayce takes Y/N out for a date night for the first time in a while and it goes amazing but she gets a bit too tipsy so Kayce carries her into the house but then she is in such a good mood she begs Kayce to slow dance with her in the living room?

Kayce pulled your chair out for you at the table once the hostess led you both back into the restaurant. You smiled up at him as he moved to sit across from you, a small candle placed in the middle of the table between y'all. It had been a while since you had been on a date with Kayce. In fact, this year alone you could think of maybe five times...and it was November.

Kayce looked good. He was freshly showered, his hair pushed back from his face and beard trimmed up nicely. Under is jacket was a light gray button-down, tucked into clean jeans and polished boots. You had worn a maroon sweater dress with your boots and hair half up and away from your face. The earrings Kayce had gotten you for your birthday this year hung from your ears. You shrugged your coat off your shoulders and looked down at your menu.

"Hey there," Your waitress came up. "What can I start you off to drink?"

"You want a bottle?" Kayce asked you.

"Sure," You smiled.

"We'll take a bottle of your cab," Kayce looked at the waitress. "And some bread when you get a chance."

"Right away," The woman nodded and walked off.

A few seconds passed as both of you looked over the menu. This was your favorite place to eat a nice meal. The white tablecloths and dark lighting made you feel like you weren't in Montana. Even though you loved your state, it was nice to just have a break from everything.

"Whatcha thinking?" Kayce asked, his eyes still on his menu.

"I think I'm going to do the eggplant parmigiana," You glanced around the menu one more time before setting it next to you.

Your waiter came back and opened the wine bottle for you, pouring yours first and then Kayce's. She sat the bottle down and grabbed her notepad.

"Did you decide on entrees?"

"I'll take the eggplant parmigiana," You smiled at her.

"And for you, Commissioner?" She looked at Kayce.

It was new still, for you to hear someone call Kayce that. E had been Livestock Commissioner for about three weeks now and the whole state seemed to be elated. You watched Kayce sift in his seat before he ordered the ribeye and risotto dish. The waitress nodded while another brought you your bread. They both disappeared and you smirked at Kayce.

"Don't," Kaye raised his glass of wine to his lips.

"Don't what...Commissioner?" You giggled through your teeth.

"I will leave you here," Kayce eyed you.

"And how would that look...Commissioner?" You gasped. "Montana Livestock Commissioner...leaves his girlfriend alone after a date his own title made sour."

"You're ridiculous," Kayce rolled his eyes.

"But you love me," You shrugged and took a large sip of your wine.

"I do," Kayce smiled over at you, and you felt your cheeks heat up.

The meal was lovely, but you may have drunken too much of the wine. In fact, Kayce only had one glass while you finished the bottle. It had gone straight to your head too, as you stood up and wobbled slightly when you reached back for your coat. Hopefully, no one could tell, but Kayce did reach out and hold your arm.

"I'm fine," You giggled at him.

"Uh huh," Kayce nodded, pulling you along. "Whatever you say, baby."

He helped you get out of the restaurant and into his truck. After climbing in himself, Kayce drove back to the ranch.

"Not taking me home?" You asked him and then hiccupped.

"Not like that I ain't," Kayce laughed.

"What do you mean?" You playfully tapped his arm. "I'm fine."

"You're drunk," Kayce smiled over at you. "But you sure are pretty."

"Flattery will get you everywhere, Mr. Dutton," You winked at him.

"That's not how it goes, darlin'," Kayce drove off the highway.

Kayce was able to get you out of his truck, but your legs would not hold you up properly. Kayce looked own at you, leaning back against his truck and shook his head.

"Okay," You sighed. "Maybe I am drunk?"

"Maybe?" Kayce asked. "Here, wrap your arms around me."

You did as he said, feeling Kayce lean down slightly and soon you were swept up into his arms. Your grip tightened on his neck as you looked down into his eyes. Blinking a few times, Kayce carried you up and into the house. You helped him by shutting the door...a little too loudly.

"Jesus...you trying to wake the dead?" Kayce asked you.

"Sorry," You whispered but then giggled.

"What's so funny?" Kayce asked you as he walked into the room.

Your eyes looked around at the living room.

"Kayce?" You asked him, still looking into the room.

"Mmm?" Kayce squeezed you still in his arms.

"Will you dance with me?" You turned and looked into his eyes.

"Baby...it's late," Kayce sat you back down on the ground.

"Please?" You kept your arms around his neck. "You used to dance with me all the time."

"When we were kids and didn't have jobs and adult problems," Kayce said but you saw a smile on his lips.

A few seconds later, Kayce sighed and placed his hands on your hips. He led you into the living room where there was some space. Taking one of your hands, Kayce wrapped his other arm around your back and slowly started to sway with you. You laid your head on his shoulder and breathed him in. You soon felt his lips press a sweet kiss to your forehead as the two of you danced to the sound of the fire cracking in the distance.

You felt your eyes getting heavy after a while and slowly looked up at Kayce. He paused dancing and smiled down at you.

"You ready for bed?" He whispered.

"You taking me?" You smiled sleepily up at him.

Kayce didn't answer but soon you were back in his arms. He carried you up the stairs and down to his room.