Welcome home for good.

Request - I was wondering if you could write something we're reader is a seal and gets deployed for the first time since having twin girls (around 3/5 years old). Kayce has to be mom and dad for the time being... family steps in to help. Just a thought... Thank you ❤️

Author's Note – I put the twins as fraternal for this one :)

You usually didn't mind flying, you had grown quite accustomed to it over the past eleven years since you enlisted. But for some reason this flight was different.

This was your first-time flying home, from overseas, after being gone for longer than a few days of training.

The last three months had been fine in every aspect but one...you had greatly missed your little family.

When your twin girls were born three years ago, you and Kayce made a pact that the two of you would scale back on your work with the military. Kayce went on two tours, one during your pregnancy and the other when the twins were one, but they had both been scheduled in advance.

You had gone overseas once but for a three-day training in the Persian Gulf. The rest of the last three years were spent either in Virginia or now, back in Montana.

When you had received the call to head to the Middle East for three months, it took a long time for you to accept. The conversations between you and Kayce were at every extreme until the two of you settled on that you would go...but this would be your last tour.

You now, coming home, you knew you'd made the right choice to end it after this. You loved your country, you loved serving, and all your friends you had made along the way. But when Bozeman airport came into view out your window, you felt tears in your eyes. You had never cried coming home like this.

You had been able to talk to Kayce and your girls a few times during the past three months, but it almost did more harm than good. You had been worried about Kayce...not that he wasn't an excellent father, but he had to be both dad and mom for the two, very active girls.

Madison and Adeline were a handful when they were on their best behavior, so there was no telling what state Kayce would be in once your arms could wrap around him.

Madison was the spitting image of her father. Long, blonde hair in soft curls at the end, with eyes so golden they sparkled almost in the sunlight. She was fearless but humble and not afraid to follow her father into harm's way. Her favorite spot to be was with her dad up on a horse.

Adeline was your shadow. Her darker hair hung straight, though was usually pulled back away from her face. Her hazel eyes were kind and curious, but she analyzed before she would approach anyone or anything. She loved reading and cooking with you in the kitchen. You hoped Kayce at least let her help him cook a steak or two this time since you weren't there.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, as we begin our decent into Bozeman, please turn off all electronic devices and return your tray tables to their upright positions..."

You took a deep breath and smiled. You were home.

**

"Mommy!" Adeline screamed, running toward you in the pickup line once you got your bag and made it out of the airport.

You dropped your bag and kneeled, opening your arms for Adeline to throw her around your neck. She smelled like sunshine and cookies, and you felt tears come to your eyes as she hugged your neck tight.

"Hi honey," You cooed in her ear as you looked up and saw Madison running toward you.

You opened one of your arms for her to fit in next to her sister. You held them both for a few minutes, pressing kisses to their cheeks and faces as they giggled and were both talking at the same time so fast you weren't really following. A shadow was cast over you as you looked up and saw your husband standing there.

Kayce looked just like he had when you left, cowboy and all. You could tell he was antsy to hold you but was letting your daughters have first dibs. You smiled up at him, pulling back from your girls finally.

"Can you help get Mommy's bag into Daddy's truck?" You asked and giggled while the two girls could barely lift your bag.

You stood up and immediately Kayce's arms were around you. You nuzzled into his chest and breathed in deep...now you were really home.

"Hi," Kayce whispered to you.

"Hi," You squeezed him back.

Kayce leaned back so he could press his lips to yours, making you melt into him like it was the first time all over again.

"Welcome home," Kayce said. "We missed you."

"I missed y'all," You sighed. "I missed you."

"I missed you," Kayce's eyes looked into yours for a few seconds.

"Daddy!" Madison said. "Can you help us here?"

You and Kayce laughed as he walked over and helped the girls put the bag into the back of the truck. Kayce then held open both the back door for the girls and the passenger side for you. Soon your little completed family was on their was out of the city.

"Feel like eating?" Kayce asked you.

You had just been listening to your girls tell you all about the things they had been doing since you were gone. You looked over at him.

"Starving," You laughed.

"Good," Kayce smiled. "Gator's cooked up a meal for the whole family if you feel up to that?"

"And we helped him wit ha pie!" Adeline said from the back.

"A pie?" You asked her. "Well...how can I say no to that?"

"Yep, Gator has let me help him a lot," Adeline said. "Because Daddy can't cook."

"Daddy grills," Kayce rolled his eyes. "It's a type of cooking thank you very much."

You reached over and held Kayce's arm with a smile.

"Addie, who put your hair up in those braids?" You asked.

"Daddy," She smiled.

"I'm impressed," You raised an eyebrow to Kayce.

"It's like tying a rope," Kayce shrugged.

"It took you four times to do it," Madison laughed.

"Thanks, darlin'," Kayce sighed, and you snickered.

**

You got out of the truck, watching your girls run up into the main lodge while Kayce walked around to where you were. You took a deep breath in, your eyes adjusting to the sunlight coming over the mountains in the distance.

"You okay?" Kayce asked you.

"I am now," You smiled up at him as his arms wrapped around your figure.

The two of you stood there for a few moments, Kayce being the only person here who understood what you had gone through.

"I can't do that again," You whispered, almost embarrassed.

"I know," Kayce nodded, his hands rubbing up and down your back. "That's why we said last time."

You nodded your head, almost like hearing Kayce say that was what you needed to know it was real this time, it was the last time.

"I love you," Kayce cupped your cheek. "And I'm so proud of you."

"I love you," You smiled. "Thanks for being dad and mom for me."

"I'd say anything," Kayce chuckled. "But baby...those girls..."

"That's why we're a good team," You laughed, leaning up on your toes.

The two of you shared a sweet kiss before you ventured inside for an early supper with your family.