You're okay.

Request - Can you do one where the reader has a panic attack?

Author's Note - So many different ways to take this one, hopefully, this way suffices! 

When you were seven, your father took you and your brother to the river to swim. It was a hot summer day, everything about it was normal. Your brother was splashing you while your knees were deep in the riverbank mud. When you pushed water back at him, you slipped a little. But it wasn't until your brother pulled you under that you felt like your chest had been smashed in. You felt like you didn't know which way was up and you thrashed around. When you felt your lungs screaming, something tugged you hard. Your father had pulled you out and up onto the grass. You felt him pushing against your chest and suddenly water was coughed up through your nose and mouth. 

You had almost drowned that day. Ever since then, you never went into water that was deeper than your waist. Living in Montana, it was easy to do that, except when it was summertime and you were on a ranch with your boyfriend during the late afternoon. 

Kayce and you had tied your horses up and were currently walking along the river, the water splashing your ankles. Your boots were left by your horses. Kayce's fingers were laced with yours while your other hand held up the sundress you had on. He stopped walking and you saw where the river got deeper now. Kayce looked at you with a smile.

"Come on," He stepped away, pulling his shirt and tossing it onto the dry grass. 

"Kayce..." You whined as you saw him dunk his body under the water. 

Kayce shook his head and looked up at you. 

"Get in the water," He laughed. 

"I'm good," You shook your head with a small smile. 

You could feel your pulse pounding and you tried to swallow. Kayce swam back over and stepped onto the bank, holding his hand out. 

"Come in here with me," He was dripping water. 

"I'm good right here," You sighed. 

"Y/N..." Kayce thought you were joking and walked out of the water.

You tried to step back but Kayce's strong arms grabbed you and hoisted you up. You felt your body take over for your mind. Thrashing both your legs and arms you cried out. You felt like you were seven again, trying to swim to the surface.

"No!" You screamed and ended up making Kayce slip and tumble down with you. 

You felt the water slosh up against your face and you gasped. Quickly you sat up, bringing your hands to your face. It felt like you couldn't catch your breath. You could feel the river slip over your legs and it almost felt like needles. 

"Y/N!" 

You shook your head, trying to figure out where Kayce was, but you wouldn't bring your hands down. You felt him hold onto your arms. 

"Hey...Y/N," Kayce said. "Hey...baby, look at me." 

You suddenly could hear the water again. Then you could feel the warm sun against your skin slowly. Having Kayce's hands rub up and down your arms made you aware of your body parts again as well. 

"Y/N..." Kayce whispered. 

Gently, he pulled your hands down from your face. You blinked in the sunlight now and Kayce's worried face came into focus in front of you. Finally, you were able to breathe out it felt like. Your lungs opened up and the ringing in your ears that you hadn't realized was happening, seemed to disappear. 

You were breathing hard now, trying to calm down your pulse. Kayce sighed, seeing you become aware of him again. He was kneeling in front of you and moved to sit next to you. His arm wrapped around your back as his other cupped your cheek. You looked down and saw your dress was soaked, the bottom half floating around your legs under the water. You took a shaky breath and looked back at Kayce.