46 .....☆

Jungkook pov ,

Our engagement day was fixed right before the day of Taehyung's quarterly examination. And with the days passing with our busy schedule of preparing for Taehyung exam, our intimate moments reduced drastically, which, in a way is a good thing, because, as always, when Taehyung is around me, my rational thinking dies down and I act frantically, crossing all the boundaries that I have set for myself!

Hence, I'm truly grateful that we have something else significant to focus on to divert our minds. Presently, it's the day of our engagement!

I, Mom, and my dad who had arrived the past day, along with our close relatives as well as distant ones were traveling on a car to Taehyung's home. Many of our relatives were displeased at the fact that we did not receive dowry and some are infuriated because of their status.

A few had even dared to question my mother on whether I have any defect. But mother neglected their queries while I went forward and shut down those nosy people. I told them that I love the boy and guess what? That stirred another disaster among the relatives as they went about how could jungkook love!? And a poor boy in that? Oh my god!! Those were their reactions.

However, in the end, they had to curb their meaningless talks, acknowledging that their words play no role in my life and they couldn't alter anything. In the current scenario, the ladies were still gossiping silently with each other whereas I was wandering in own world...yearning to see my Taehyung soon.

Moments later, we attained his home which was decorated mildly and there were a bunch of relatives of his, and little kids were fleeing around, recklessly.

And as we spilled out from the van, Taehyung's parents came forward to invite us. Subsequently, we were seated outside the home on a lengthy mat, while on our opposite, Taehyung's relatives and parents were settled.

I was in a good mood, until I heard those aunties again starting to gossip about how their house is way too small and how weak their financial status seems. Unfortunately, at this moment in time, it's not appropriate for me to talk against them as it might ruin the whole ceremony. Thus, I gritted my teeth and remained mute.
Jiffies passed by and the church owner (father ) arrived, calling out for the bride's side to bring out taehyung . That is when my heart begins to cool down. A glimpse of his is enough to bring me peace and it's rather strange how he possesses such an impact
on me.

I await impatiently for his presence and the second he vacates the home, my heart skips a beat.

She has worn a purple hangfu that circles hia body elegantly. There's a thin golden chain on his neck and a pair of small earrings with dangling white stones.

Further, he has worn purple bangles on both his hands. Every single ornament merges perfectly with taehyung beauty and adds more charm to him.

Especially, those thick bristles of hers that's cascading on his left side....

The people began to murmur to themselves endlessly upon seeing taehyung and he slowly tilts his bowed down head. With no makeup except that eyetex-smudged eyes, he looks angelic, but there's fear reflecting on his pupils as taehyung rakes his gaze around the crowd that is intent on judging him.

Finally, his aimless eyes settle on me and I nod at him, reassuringly. He gulps and breathes out, apprehension obvious on his countenance.

Then he was asked to change into
the hangfu that we have bought for him, quickly. A few ladies rush him inside after getting the hangfu and I was once again led to heed those bickerings of the women.

'he doesn't even look that beautiful...no is he rich. he must have used some black magic on jungkook '

'Yes, or else how would jungkook love this boy who can't even afford a decent hangfu..'

'Leave the hangfu, he has worn covering bangles in his engagement! If they want so, they could have looked for a rich family...don't know why they stooped so low,'

"Can you all shut up!?" I boom back at them, unable to withstand their talks. Father stays silent but my mother hisses and touches my arm,

"Jungkook , ignore them," mom whispers to me while I try my best to maintain my temper.

Taehyung's parents looked humiliated
but these evil of ladies stayed unbothered...almost sure that what they were speaking to themselves was the actual truth.

Sending a disgusted stare at them, I turn my attention away and rub my temples to pacify myself.

By the time I was back to normal, taehyung arrives outside in the blue silk hangfu

he is beautiful, as usual, and the hangfu I selected fit him appealingly as I thought so. Afterward, he was perched beside hia parents and the father proceeded to read the words that would be printed in the invitation card. It also expresses our marriage date which is three years ahead in the future.
Even though I would be pleased to marry Him as soon as possible, I had to wait and I'm willing to do so until taehyung graduates his school. It's going to be torturous but I had to endure it.

After the father finishes, the engagement finally occurs as both our parents exchange the plates filled with fruits, sweets, flowers, etc...

Then we were swiftly ushered inside taehyung's home where food is served. Taehyung and I are made to sit next to each other. Once the meal was allocated, tae9 begins to eat slowly and takes only a little
portion of rice in his hold.

"You won't finish the food at this rate," taehyung looks up at me, surprised.

"What?" I quirk up my eyebrows, not understanding the reason behind taehyung reaction. But then taehyung sees around and I catch sight of witches scrutinizing us intently.

"You are scared of them?" Taehyung nods his head.

"Why?" I query, confused.

"They don't seem to have a good impression on me and I heard their talks about how they suspected me to have done black magic on you to fall for me through some of my relatives..." Taehyung trails off and puts another little amount of food in his mouth.

"Well, that's the truth, isn't it?" Taehyung pauses and lends me a perplexed look.

"I didn't do any black magic," I chuckle at his anger-stricken face.

"You did. If not, there would be no plausible reason for my constant craving to see you and touch you..."

Taehyung flushes at my whispered
phrases and halts having food, attempting his maximum to hide away the timidness.

"If you keep on blushing like this, those aunties would think something else about our conversation," I adduce, feeling light-hearted as I talk with taehyung .

"I'm not...blushing," taehyung stutters and starts. to have the rice again.

Smiling at his attitude, I continue having the food.

Once we were done, we walk to the back of taehyung house and he helps me wash my hands by pouring water on it using a cup.

Similarly, I help him as well, and following that, we both just stand there, looking at each other.

We didn't want to lose this privacy where there is no trace of other people except us...

"We need to go in..." taehyung turns, hesitantly. Pinching his bare waist and heeding a gasp from him, I delightfully return to the house.

The next set of events wasn't worth describing. It was all about the relative's silly rants! Some were even trying to brainwash my parents to not proceed with this marriage. But thankfully, my parents weren't that greedy to have a rich son-in-law and hence, the talks of the ladies weren't effective.

And eventually, when we were off to go back to our home, I nodded towards taehyung who smiled and waved cautiously in my direction...

To be continued.....☆