9.

Flau'jae Johnson
______

I stood on the sideline of Jaeuh's game confused. She missing every shot she takes, and I'm not understanding why.

I know my child, she feeling discouraged and ain't even trying no more.

"What the hell am I watching?" I mumbled to myself frustratedly

I sighed and crossed my arms just observing the plays. No way this what they been practicing, I'm not amused.

This shit is a mess.

I continued to watched before eventually the ball got passed to Jaeuh. She passed it back before I scrunched my face up confused.

They playing hot potato at this point because her teammate passed it back to her. She got ready to shoot it but hesitated.

"Shoot it, you wide open" I yelled causing her to look over at me, "This your shit, you gotta take it"

She shot it and it rolled around the rim before slowly falling in. A smile plastered across her face, and I could tell it activated something.

She needed that.

I continued to watch before eventually sitting down. Her making that shot didn't do what I thought it would do.

She still missing shots.

Once the game was over, I waited for Jaeuh so we can leave. I'm dropping her off to my momma house after.

She spending the weekend there, and the twins is too. The twins been there since earlier cause they was excited to go.

I watched as Jaeuh came walking around the corner with some boy. She stopped before turning around and they exchanged words.

Eventually he walked away before she made her way over to me smiling all hard. What the hell she so happy for?

"What was taking you so long?" I asked while looking at my watch, "It take two minutes to go get your stuff"

"I was talking to my friend" she continued to smile as I just examined her

She just had a bad game ain't no reason to be smiling, literally.

"You can't be smiling that hard bout this game" I said before the smiled immediately went away, "What you smiling for?"

"Cause ma, I just wanna smile"

"Come on" I said not even continuing on with the conversation. I'm gone let her be happy and smile all she want.

We got in the car before pulling off and making our way to my momma house. No matter how old she get, she gone always be doing something.

She's never sitting.

"What time they supposed to be leaving?" I asked my momma while looking around at everybody, "How you just gone throw a party?"

It's literally going on nine o'clock.

"Cause it Friday and I wanted to, it's family"