49.

Au'jaeuh Johnson
_______

We're in New York because me and my parents have an interview. Mainly me. I put myself in the spotlight, and fell in love with what I was doing.

I'm literally following in the footsteps of my parents by choice. It's because this is what I want to do.

A lot of people think they're forcing me.

Playing basketball and modeling is top tier. I wanna put more under my belt, but as of right now, I can't.

My parents won't let me, they said it's too much.

This shit is actually tiring, and it comes with a lot. I'll admit it, it's a lot of pressure. A lot of people on the outside judging me.

People close to me expecting something from me. Sleepless nights, waking up early, and more.

"You so vocal and stubborn" my stylist, Ms. Canidace said while looking at me before I chuckled

"I'm sorry, I just don't like that outfit"

"Alright, let me find something else. Let Tiff  finish curling your hair" she said causing me to nod my head before hearing a knock at the door

I went and opened the door just to see my momma.

"Flau'jae ordering food, so what you want?"

"Nothing, I'm just tryna get ready" I told her causing her to immediately shake her head no

"No, what you wanna eat?"

"Waffles or something" I blurted out anything before she looked all the way in the room

"We got another hour till the truck leave. Make sure y'all watching the time. We don't have time to wait, Jaeuh"

"Momma okay, okay"

"Alright, and make sure you got everything together. Don't be forgetting nothing, Jaueh"

I was just staring at her before she walked away and I closed the door. My parents kind of irritating me this morning, so I'm a little impatient with them.

They're just on my ass about anything they can think of. Every time I get back focused, one of them is calling me or knocking at the door.

It annoying me and I'm getting overstimulated.

I went and sat down before Ms. Tiffany started back curling my hair. As she did my hair, I was going through outfits with Ms.Candice.

I picked an outfit and finished getting ready. Once I was done, I eventually ate after the food got here.

Somehow, we ended up rushing and leaving so I didn't enjoy my food completely. Black people never on time — well we never on time.

"You're very articulate for your age, what grade you in?" one of the interviewers, Shane asked me

"I'm going to eleventh grade"

"You holding this shit together like a pro. They got you together all the way, literally" the other interviewer, Georgio said causing me to laugh, "You're media trained"