22.

Au'jaeuh Johnson
______

I walked through the party as Jahrya held my waist to keep up with me. She wanted me to come to a party with her, so I'm here.

I'm not scared or nothing, but she's being cautious with my safety. She's doing a good job at making sure nobody approach me.

If they do, they stay a cool distance from me.

Aunt Glenn knows my every move, and she's okay with it. She told me that if I don't come back tonight it's okay.

She only okay with it because Jahrya doesn't live far. She lives walking distance, so it's not that serious to her.

"To the right, shawt" she yelled over the music and I followed her directions, "To the booth"

I continued straight ahead to the booth where two people were sitting. Once we got there, I just stood there awkwardly.

"Hey lor bitches" Jahrya greeted them while dapping them up, "Jaeuh this K3 and Cash"

"Hey y'all" I spoke

"Wassup" they both said at the same time causing me to chuckle

"JB this you?" Cash asked Jahrya while pointing at me before I scrunched my face up confusingly

What that even mean?

"Yo' fall back" she said while waving her off, "Sit down, shawt"

I sat down adjusting myself comfortably before she sat down beside me.

"Y'all want something to drink?" K3 asked before everybody nodded, "Ard, Cash get yo' lor ugly ass up. Walk with me"

They got up before Jahrya looked at me and I just smiled. Why is this girl just staring at me?

"What?"

"I'm just looking at you, you good?"

"I'm okay, why?" I asked before she sat back and shrugged while continuing to look at me

"I can't make sure you good, shawt?" I just nodded my head carelessly

K3 and Cash eventually came back with cups on a tray. Everybody got a cup before I drunk from it immediately scrunching up my face.

"What the fuck is this?" I asked before they started laughing

"It's liquor" Cash said while drinking from the cup like it was nothing

"It's Henny" K3 said as I just looked at the cup, "This your first time ever drinking?"

"Yeah"

"You want some juice to mix with it?" Jahrya asked before I nodded

We both got up and found our way to where the drinks were. I'm not gonna drink a lot of this because I'm not supposed to be drinking it in the first place.

Not only that, but I don't know how I'm finna react off this. Jahrya is sixteen, so K3 and Cash has to be around that age.

They look no older than sixteen, neither of us should be drinking.

After getting fruit punch, we found our way back to the booth. I mixed it before drinking it, and it was better.

I continued to drink from the cup as we just talked. I'm enjoying myself, maybe a little too much.

Is this what the fast life is like?

Jahrya's not really drinking, maybe she just don't wanna drink tonight. Hell, I don't know the reason but I am.