93.

Flau'jae Johnson
_______

I sat at the table while listening to Jaeuh's principal talk. They called for a meeting about Jaeuh and Laila fighting.

They called the wrong parent cause I don't care. She whooped ass, she handled her business that's all that matters.

Prior to the fight Jaeuh would come home and tell us that girl be tryna pick with her. Saying and doing shit in practice like she a bully.

Normally, I wouldn't tell her to fight but one day I gave her the green light. Because why is my child continuously telling me somebody fucking with her?

Somebody she already beat up, I saw the video of the first fight. Au'jaeuh so worried about graduating and playing basketball, she declined the green light.

She felt like it was no point cause she already won. I gave her the green light weeks ago and here we are today.

I saw the fight from the restaurant, Jaeuh tried to kill the girl. She was choking her and people had to pull her off the girl.

She literally cried after the fight, and I tried to cheer her up. She just wanted to be left alone, so I respected that.

She been so to herself, quiet, and unhappy lately. When she is smiling it's forced, but it don't last long. I got her to open up and she told me what was wrong.

I knew Angel's situation would bother her. That's why I wasn't really telling her nothing at first. When I did open up, I sugarcoated stuff.

She don't know much details, she know what she need to know. That's it.

And she said people at school make fun of the situation. They crack jokes and somebody even showed her a picture that was took of Angel at the game.

It's getting crazy.

"And y'all called me up here for?" I asked because they ain't made no points yet, "She wanted to play bully and got beat up, next"

Just talking in circles wasting everybody time.

"Because we don't and will not tolerate fighting here. We're here to help our students succeed for a bright future"

"This ain't even happen during school hours. Then, y'all called for a meeting days later" I shrugged a little confused

"We were notified days later, and the video is going around the entire school. Throughout all grade levels, it's a distraction. Your daughter is a distraction"

"My daughter a distraction?" I laughed a little but I'm not shocked at her comment

We had this conversation already multiple times

"Y'all are celebrities, yes. She's been in this office because of her status. There's students waiting in the halls to talk to her, people take pictures and post them —"

"Ma'am I can't control that, I can't. I'm here to talk about the fight, that's it. I'm here to see what y'all finna do" I cut her off because she talking about irrelevant stuff

"And that's fine, but I'm letting you know her status is a distraction. We've discussed this her freshman and sophomore year"

"Exactly, and she still here. She can't control what she was born into or who she is. What y'all want her to do get a new face and identity out the closet?"

"No, but she's a huge distraction to others" the principle said causing me to sigh

Okay.

"She a regular student, she not going nowhere. If y'all want her gone, kick her out of school" I said because that's the only way she gone leave