Vamp~ Chapter 9

Just as Camila said those words, Lauren jumped up from the bed to inspect her eyes in the mirror on the other side of the room. Her heart pounding and her eyebrows kinked up in confusion.

Yup they were purple all right. A deep shade of lavender filled her iris vividly.

"So you said purple mean love and mushy stuff right?" Camila said quietly, snapping Lauren out of her constant checking of her reflection.

"It m-must be a misunderstanding. I-I don't-" Lauren stuttered, trying to figure out the right words to say.

The black haired girl didn't even know what it was she felt. Something in the pit of her stomach fluttered when Camilas small form came into her room tonight. Her cute little face listening to every word she said intens-... No she couldn't like Camila. She couldn't love. Even though her eyes were telling another story.

"...Listen it's late and I'm tired so maybe my brain is alittle out of sorts right now. I think you should go back to your- I mean my room and get some rest... We can talk more tomorrow alright?" Lauren sighed nervously while faking a yawn.

"Um sure..." Camila nodded. "...but wait before I go, can I ask you something?"

"Okay, I'm all ears." Lauren nodded and gave the fragile girl a small grin. 

"W-Will you be the one to train me? I don't w-want Charlie to do it, I want you to." Camila said with a little bit of nervousness etched in her tone.

"Why me, I mean Char is usually the one to train new vamps so why would you want me to do it?" Lauren inquired, laughing a little bit in disbelief. She was really confused as to why Camila even still wanted to be around her after what happened earlier.

"Be-because I uh, you know what, never mind It was stupid for me to ask. I'm just gonna go now..." Camila said quickly as she bounced off the bed and made her way to the door. Lauren heard her wince a few times.

"Wait Camila...!" Lauren yelled after the small girl. Camila stopped just before she was about to turn the door handle.

"...I'll teach you. We'll start tomorrow okay? Meet me out side the house in the garden at 8:00 got it?" Lauren sighed in defeat. She owed this girl big time so the least she could do was train her.

"Really? You're going to teach me?"

Lauren nodded her head and gave the still red eyed girl a small smile.

"Ya I'll train you. Oh and Camila I totally forgot to ask this but, how are you feeling?" Lauren said in a hushed tone as she stepped closer to the brunette.

"I-I uh.... not good at all. My body feels so weak. I have this indescribable urge to- to-to..." Camila stuttered while trying to find out the right words to say.

"To drink blood, ya its all normal Camila." Lauren finished for her, knowing the new sensation of needing to feed all to well.

"What is it that's happening to me Lauren. I'm scared. So so scared." Camila said sadly as she leaned her head against the door frame.

"You're transforming... It's nothing to be afraid of okay? You're going to be becoming something that's totally new. I won't- I mean Charlie and I won't let anything bad happen to you I promise." Lauren said sincerely, stepping close to Camila looking at her red glowing eyes.

"Promise?" Camila sighed.

"Cross my heart and hope to die- well I'm already dead but you get the point." Lauren laughed a little and so did Camila. The small giggle music to Laurens ears.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow Lauren. Oh and the purple eyes are by far my favorite on you.." Camila smiled before opening up the door and stepping out of the room.