Vamp~Chapter 25

It's weird how fast a life can change. How simple it is to just switch up a normal pattern or schedule and make it something new. How easy for a word to be said, a kiss to be stolen after years of contemplation, a friendship to be ended or a new one to begin. Everything can change in a second, it just depends on whose willing to make the change.

Change is always been Camilas biggest and most prominent fear. She's always been with Normani, Dinah, and Ally since they were young. She's never really changed even little things in her life such as her room color, the way she texts people, her hair cut, or simply the brand of her toothpaste. Being out of the ordinary was wrong in her mind. Changing things up meant new, and new meant unknown, and unknown meant horrible anxiety for the brown eyed girl. She didn't like switching things up and was content with everything staying settled and in place.

Things were way different now. Everything in her life has changed without her consent, but she's slowly learning to adapt. Sure countless nights of crying herself to sleep early on could be debatable but lately she felt like she could conquer anything in her path...even coming back home after a month away from her family.

"Camz maybe they aren't home. We can always try again tomorrow if you want-" Lauren's soothing voice broke the small silence that came after Camilas knock. Why weren't they answering?

Camila knocked again, this time a tad bit louder. Just hoping anybody would hear. "No. I know they're in there. I can feel it."

The green eyed girl nodded in understanding, taking a seat on the small porch rocking chair beside her. She watched as Camila rang the doorbell, knocked and even kicked the door over and over again. About 10 minuets passed and still nothing. It was nearly breaking Lauren's heart watching the girl she so dearly liked almost look as sad as a kicked puppy.

"They're here. They're in there I know it! Why won't they just answer the fucking door!" Camila began to grow frustrated. Kicking the small potted plant beside her and cursing quietly to herself.  Her eyes began to slowly seep into a dark shade of red and Lauren knew this was not a good thing to be escalating further.

So she sprang into action, springing up from the chair and wrapping the smaller girl in her embrace so she couldn't do any damage to who knows what. The doe eyed girl didn't reciprocate right away but slowly began to melt into her touch and the soft cooes of "it's okay" were whispered in her ear.

But in Camilas mind it wasn't okay. Them not answering the door meant that they moved on in her eyes. They were probably all out having fun together not even thinking twice about the fact she was gone. They probably were out right this minute doing something with Sofi. Did Sofi even know she was gone? Or was she fed some soft of fabricated lie to keep her from freaking out? God why couldn't someone just answer the door.

She sulked deeper into Laurens arms, her head nuzzling the black haired girls neck. Letting out a small sniffle, she kissed her alabaster skin with a feather light kiss as a thank you to Lauren for sticking around. She felt the thumping of the taller girls beating heart at her small gesture of thanks. It made hers feel like she drank 20 mountain dews as well. She was grateful for Lauren's presence and her protective personality trait, it made her feel secure and safe. Her hugs were nice too. Like really nice.

"A penny for your thoughts-" Lauren sighed contently. Wrapping her arms around Camilas torso even tighter.
"Well I think they're way more valuable than a penny but I can't come up with another saying that amounts to how beautiful your mind is." She shrugged happily.

"God you're so cute it literally hurts." Camila blushed into Lauren's shirt. She loosened her hold on the green eyed vampire and gave a cheeky lopsided grin to the girl infront of her. Drinking in the view of the goddess like girl, Camila noticed how the edges of Lauren's irises were purple again. That sight alone sent waves of happiness throughout the brown haired girl. She sure did love that eye color on her.