Vamp~Chapter 27

Just a little warning here. This chapter mentions some bloody and gory things towards the end. So if anyone doesn't dig that, now is the time to click away :)

"Well you guys were out pretty late on a school night. Care to explain Jaguar?" A familiar voice came from behind the two girls while they came through the main entrance of the mansion. Their hands somehow still intertwined. Both Camila and Lauren nearly jumped out of their skin. Quickly dropping each other's hand.

"Char, you scared the shit out of me." Lauren huffed, holding her chest as she tried to catch her breath. Camila doing the same.

"You should be glad that I'm not Ms. Lamik. She'd have your heads hanging from the ceiling in an instant if she saw you guys coming in this late." He quipped, folding his arms across his chest.

"We didn't mean to be out this late." Camila chirped in.

"That doesn't answer my question. Where were you guys?" The blonde haired vamp asked as he stepped closer to the two. Hands now behind his back in an authority like manner.

"I-um-we were...out." Lauren stuttered,  trying to come up with a suitable lie.

"Training! We were out training." Camila answered, saving Lauren from making up something stupid.

Charlie didn't seem satisfied with that answer. He looked around before lowering his voice in a hushed tone.

"You could've been seen by Hunters if you weren't careful, what were you thinking Laur?" Charlie was serious. Camila could sense it in the way his jaw clenched, he actually seemed worried.

"I know and I'm sorry. I didn't think we would be out so late. It won't happen again I promise." She swore, giving him a salute.

Charlie nodded in approval. He always loved to play the protective older brother card whenever he could. The tough guy exterior began to fade and soon the regular goofy Charlie made its way back.

"Do you guys wanna go grab some dinner? Or midnight snack I should say." The older boy cracked a smile.

Both girls nodded their heads and as if right on cue, Camila's stomach rumbled, causing the two to laugh.

"Well then let's go!" Charlie beamed.

"Hold on a second. Charlie you go on, me and Lauren will be there in a sec okay? I just have to talk to her about something real quick." Camila grinned softly. Hopefully he would oblige. He did and in a second he was speed dashing to the kitchen.

Lauren turned to face Camila, her perfectly sculpted eyebrows knitted together on confusion. "Is everything okay?"

"I don't know, is it?" Camila whispered with panic in her tone. "What are these hunters that Charlie mentioned? I thought you said everything was safe here Lauren..."

"Things are safe here. I promise you." The green eyed girl hushed as she placed a gentle kiss on the smaller girls forehead.

"But these hunters don't really sound like the type to hunt birds and deer," She breathed out, anger and fear quavering in her voice.

"Camz calm down. Everything is okay. I guess I forgot to mention that there's a clan of vampire hunters that are nearby. We've had a few kids here disappear recently before you came along and turn up mutilated in the woods. I just didn't want to scare you, I'm sorry." Lauren spoke, running a hand through her jet black hair. An evident sign that she was stressed about the topic. "They've been around as long as vampires have, it's always been like this."