Vamp~ Chapter 23

Camila sat through 4 classes with a dull ache in her chest. 4 classes of pure anger and bitterness towards no one other than herself. 4 classes of nothing but regret.

She now sat in lunch. Dinah, Ally and Normani at her sides eating away at the nasty school lunches. The three other girls hadn't questioned where Camila went for almost a month, nor did they seem odd when around the brunette...thank god for mind swiping powers.

"You alright Chanch? You seem alittle...off today?" Dinah inquired with a mouthful of hotdog. Camila gulped loudly and nodded her head slowly. "I'm perfectly fine Dinah, but I won't be if you keep chewing with your mouth open." Camila snipped, mentally high giving herself for some sort of subject change.

Dinah stuck her tongue out with chewed up hot dog bits still on it, causing all 3 girls at the table to gag and groan. "Dinah you're high key grossing me out right now." Normani scoffed as she smacked the top of the Polynesian girls head. Dinah grinned slyly and chuckled to herself. The other girls continued to eat until Ally cleared her throat to speak.

"So Mila...you have to tell us all the details of your vacation, I want to hear everything." She squealed excitedly with a huge smile plastered on her face.

Vacation? Is that where they thought she was? Maybe the Vamp Mansion called and told them a story so no suspicions sparked. How could she lie herself out of this one...

"Oh it was alright, I mean it was kinda of boring and kinda cold, so uh yea it was okay."

"Did you just say that Hawaii was cold and okay? Girl you have got to be kidding me I would kill to go there! Like I was so jealous when principal Welks said you were on vacation there."  Dinah chimed in with a shove of Camilas arm.

Hawaii really? She didn't know shit about Hawaii nor has she ever traveled there before. Why couldn't it be Disney World or something.

"Did I say cold? I meant gold-the trip was golden! It was really amazing, the views were incredible and the water was nice and Hawaiian." Camila stuttered out, hoping the girls believed her.

"Did you meet any cute Hawaiian dudes there?" Normani wiggled her eyebrows up and down. "C'mon girl...spill."

"I met a few, they were uh nice and... Hawaiian."

"How about the beaches? Did you go surfing?" Dinah asked as she leaned in closer. "Of course I did! They were really Hawaiian and nice."

Before the girls could ask anymore questions a throat cleared behind there table causing all 4 girls go turn around.

There stood Austin Mahone accompanied by two of his friends. They stood with their arms crossed as his beady green eyes eyeing Camila down.

"So Camila, I heard you were back at school for good now...I thought I'd pay you alittle...visit." He laughed sarcastically. "Leaving me in the woods wasn't a very nice way to say good bye to me now was it?" He whispered aggressively in her ear.

Camila slowly rose from her seat. Her fist clenched tight. Austin may not be able to remember that night at the party but Camila does. She can't even try to forget it. She wasn't in the mood for his games and she was tired of stress.

"I didn't leave you in the woo-" Camila started but was soon cut off by a chair scraping across the floor.

"Mila hush..you don't need to answer to this fuckboy." Dinah said through gritted teeth as she stood infront of Camila.

"Shut the fuck up Dinah. You're not apart of this!" Austin angrily shouted, earning a few more eyes on the group.

"If it involves Mila then it involves me."

"Oh really now? You're her body guard? That's weird because I thought Camilas little girlfriend... what's her name? Oh! Lauren might be the one to be her knight in shining armor."

"What the fuck are you talking about Austin? There's no Lauren that even goes to our school?" Normani spat from the table.

"I'm sure Camila can tell you just who she is. I mean that is where you've been these past few weeks right Camila?" Austin seethed, a devilish grin on his features. "Both of you have coincidentally been gone from school and came back the exact...same...day and coincidently arrived in Lauren's car."

"I-I-I me and her are friends that's all! We aren't- you don't under-"

"Save it Cabello. After you begged me to have sex with you in the woods, and left me drunk on my own when I said no, you go off and move on to some loser like her? You're pathetic." He spat, gliding Dinah out of the way and moving just inches infront if Camila.

Camila could not believe it. He was turning the whole story around to make her look like the bad guy. All eyes but were on them now and Camila fought back the tears that were welling up in her eyes. "That's not true Austin. You know it's not." Camila gritted back as her voice broke alittle.

"I think it's very true actually. I mean how else would I have woken up in the woods with my pants down, a massive hang over, and bruised rib. Then that next morning being told that you were the last one to be seen with me."

Before Camila could even protest any longer, a blaring alarm rang through the building. The red lights flashed on and off while the loud buzz of the fire alarm chimed.

"This isn't over Camila! I'll be seeing you soon.." Austin warned as he backed away from them and swiftly walked away.

"C'mon guys lets get outta here." Dinah sighed, nodding in the direction of the exit.

"Alright everyone single file line! Let's move it everyone!" A teachers voice rang from somewhere in there distance. Dinah grabbed Camilas wrist and pulled her into the direction of the cafeteria doors, snapping her out of her daze, while Normani and Ally followed. Camila took a quick glance behind her at the crowd of students. A familiar head of black hair stuck out to her like a sore thumb. There stood Lauren, right by the fire alarm pull. The green eyed girl took a glance at Camila before she pushed herself off the wall and disappeared out of sight. Camilas cheeks grew hot and a small smile graced her lips at the thought that Lauren pulled the alarm for her. Maybe they didn't lose what they had after all.

------------

After teachers and students came back into the building and everything settled down, all 4 girls gave their hugs and promised to hangout asap before saying goodbye and splitting up to go the rest of their classes.

When the final bell of school sounded Camila nearly trucked over everyone to get to her locker. She flung open the metal door and plunged her school binder into her backpack, checking around her to make sure no one was looking at how fast she was packing up. Thankfully no one payed attention but a pair of luridly green eyes from across the hall. Lauren peered over the side of her locker in the direction of Camila before tapping her left temple. Camila knew what to do.

I'll park a couple blocks from the school so you don't have to deal with what you did this morning... I guess being seen with me is social suicide for you.

Lauren gave the brown eyed girl a small smile and shut her locker, with one swift movement she was gone.

///////

Shortish chapter sowwy😭

ily guys. Thanks for reading, commenting, voting 😘 keep it up fam