Vamp~Chapter 14

Lauren sat there in shock , her eyes wide and her mouth hanging open. Camila started to pace around in confusion. A silence hovered over them like fog for what felt like hours. Laurens mouth was too dry to even speak and Camilas mind rambled on and on with questions , leaving both girls unable to form coherent sentences.

Camila huffed out some ragged breaths and she continued to walk up and down the isle repeatedly , her hands balled up in her hair.

"How did you-" Lauren finally sputtered out before getting cut off by an almost shaking Camila.

"I-I don't know! " Camila cut off , pausing her pacing to take a quick glance at the green eyed girl.

"But why did you-?"

"I don't know!" Camila whisper shouted at Lauren who still sat in the chair with her eyes wide open.

"You could hear what I was thinking? Like in my brain?" Lauren whispered, trying to not make too much of a scene.

"Loud and clear actually," Camila yelled just above a whisper as she started to fan herself with her hand. Taking deep , deep breaths while she did so.

Lauren shot up from the spinny chair , almost knocking over a shelf behind her but she didn't care. They needed to get out of there , and fast.

"C'mon we need to go , like right now." The black haired girl commanded as she grabbed Camilas wrist and dragged her out of the store.

Lauren yelled for a taxi and soon a yellow cab pulled up next to them. Once they sat down and told the driver where Camilas address was , both girls scooted to either sides of the taxi cab. Both too afraid to even look each other in the eye.

The car ride was silent. The cab driver whos named they learned was Gary, tried making conversation but it fell to deaf ears , being as both girls were in no mood to talk. Lauren sat looking out the window , thinking about absolutely nothing. She couldn't think even if she wanted to since now knowing that Camila read her mind in the store. Lauren grew alittle angry at the fact that she couldn't even use her own mind due to the new fear that Camila could be hearing every single word she thought.

The total opposite was going on for Camila though. She was thinking everything while Lauren tried her best to think nothing. Voices infiltrated her mind with big questions like why she could hear Laurens thoughts , or why the green eyed girl wanted to kiss her in the store , or even why Gary the cab driver was thinking about his roast beef sandwich he ate earlier. The brown eyed girl began to now hate the thought of thinking.

"So this the address?" Gary yawned , scratching his 5 o'clock shadow and pointing to the blue painted house.

Camila flew out of the car door before even giving a reply, Lauren darting out as well.

"Wait here , we won't be long." Lauren said , bending  down in the drivers rolled down window pane. He gave a nod and the dark haired girl took off after Camilas figure opening the front door.

The brunnet stepped inside her house , making sure to look around just in case her mom, dad or sister were lurking about. Once she was sure no one was home , Camila slowly made her way up the staircase. It took everything in her to not collapse from exhaustion just by walking up a flight of stairs.

Camila now stood in her doorway , taking in the last images of her bedroom. She knew it could be a very long time before she might ever see it again so every minor detail was crucial to remember. Taking a deep breath in , the brown eyed girl began to make her way to her dresser , pulling out every item of clothing she had and throwing it in a large suitcase. She huffed into her small walk in closet with tears brimming in her eyes , basically ripping sweatshirts off of hangers and throwing them into the suitcase. She really didn't want to leave.

After packing her clothing , she then grabbed a backpack out of her closet for smaller things like her journal , phone charger and polaroid camera. Kneeling down to her bed side drawer , she spotted a picture of her family. All 4 Cabellos huddled up in a group hug on a beach somewhere , smiling widely. A tear finally escaped as she traced the tip of her finger over the picture frame. She looked so happy in that picture. If only she could feel that way now.

Camila grabbed the picture and stuffed it in her bag , wiping the tears from her eyes and sniffling a bit. She quickly grabbed the rest of her necessities and zipped up her suitcase. Sighing sadly as she did so. After taking one last look of her room , Camila rolled her suitcase out the hall and down the staircase to where Lauren stood , leaning up against the open door frame picking at her nails.

"I'm ready now..." Camila said with sadness etched in her tone.

"I had the cab driver wait for us out front so if you want , I- I could take your bags to the cab while you write the letter to your family," Lauren shrugged.

Camila could defiantly tell that Lauren felt awkward around her now. It was blatantly obvious. The way the green eyed girl wouldn't even make eye contact with her was a big enough sign to Camila that Lauren was super uncomfortable around her.

"That'd be great," Camila sighed with a small smile graced on her lips. Lauren just nodded her head and walked over to Camila to take her suitcase and backpack from her hands. "Thanks Lauren."

"No problem." Lauren said just above a whisper as she disappeared outside.

The brunette sighed again loudly as she stepped down from the last stair she was on and made her way over to the junk drawer full of paper , pens , and basically anything you could think of. She pulled out a loose leaf piece of paper and a pen and began to write.

Dear Mami , Papi , and Sofi
I understand that you might be confused and concerned as to why this letter is taped to the table , but im here to explain somethings to you guys. But first before I start any of this I just want to tell you how much I love you guys. You're the best family a girl could ever ask for and I couldn't ask for a better group of parents to raise me and a better sister to watch grow up.

Now you're probably scared out of your minds right now about what i possibly need to say , so I'm just going to come out and say it... Im a vampire. Yes a vampire. The same kind you used to tell me and Sofi about on Halloween and even the same ones you let me dress up as when I was 9. I was bitten a few nights ago by a girl named Lauren. So that explains me getting "lost" in the woods and coming home with pale skin and red eyes that one night. I know might seem far fetched to you and you might not even believe me or be able to wrap your head around it , but it's true.
So I've written this letter to say goodbye for now. Being like I am means I can't live with you guys anymore. I don't want to hurt any of you unintentionally so it's best if I go to where I'm more...safe. Ill be living in a place they call the "Vamp Mansion" (or at least that's what Lauren calls it) so please don't worry about me okay? It's better for me to be there and safer for you guys that I'm there in the long run. And please , you cannot and I repeat CANNOT expose this to anyone alright? To keep me and so many others safe , you can't tell this to anyone.

I gotta go now because the taxi driver just beeped for me to hurry up and I've already smudged this letter with enough tears. But I love you guys to the moon and back and it's going to be so hard not waking up to your smiling face when I come down into the kitchen Sofi. (You're still my butterfly queen 1 no matter what!) I'll miss you guys more than you'll ever know. I'll see you as soon as I can.

xx Camila

Camila folded up the piece of paper and tapped it to the table , tears freely falling from her eyes and her quiet sobs echoing in the empty house.

--------------------------------------

whaddup yo