Vamp~Chapter 26

"Karla Camila Cabello you have a lot of explaining to do."

The unrelenting glare of her father was sending shivers down Camilas spine. She wouldn't dare read his mind in fear of what he might be thinking. Her mothers look was just as cold but with a hint of worry. It killed Camila to have this much effect on the two people who raised her.

"Listen I can explain-" The brown eyed girl started but was cut of by Alejandro approaching her.

"No young lady you listen," He gritted.
"You've been gone for almost 2 months! 2 months Camila! Do you know how long that is to endure with out you here? Do you know how devastated your mother and I were reading that damn note you left on the table? Now you come back here after those two months, by surprise, with some girl?" He spat angrily as he gestured his hand to the green eyed girl.

"She's not just some girl, she's Lauren." Camila squeaked, feeling the need to defend the taller vampire.

Lauren snapped out of her frozen posture at the mention of her name and looked back from Alejandro and Sinu with wide eyes.

"Hello sir, it's uh nice to meet you. You have a lovely home..." Lauren smiled awkwardly, her voice trembling in front of the intimidating man. He didn't return the gesture, only an icy cold glare was sent her way.

"You're the Lauren who took our daughter away from us? Are you some sort of kidnapper?" Sinu angrily piped up, stepping around Alejandro to face her.

A long silence flooded over the group. Lauren gulped as Alejandro and Sinu both gave her an intense stare down and boy did she wish she had Charlie's flying power. If only she could just soar right out of this situation... well that actually might not be a good first impression. Instead she sifted her weighted from one foot to the other as she tried to formulate some sort of viable answer for them. Why wasn't Camila helping her out?

The brown haired girl stood with her head down, bitting her quivering lip was she fought the urge to cry...this was all her fault. All the stress she put her parents under was all because of her going into that fucking woods with Austin. She deserved this. Lauren didn't thought, she was just the middle man in all of this. All she's done is keep Camila healthy, safe, and sane. Sure she bit her to save the secret of the mansion, but she was no kidnapper.

Before Camila could protest, a body stirred from behind her. All heads turned to see what the source of the rustling was and mentally slapped themselves for being so loud.
There sat Sofi, rubbing her eyes tiredly while a yawn escaped her lips.

"What's going on? Why are you guys yelling?" The small girl questioned, sleep still coating her voice. She looked from her parents, to Camila and Lauren, with confusion etched on her features.

"Oh your sister and I were just talking that's all." He smiled down at his daughter as he tried calming him self down a little. "Why don't you go show our...guest your new Barbie set while Mamí and I finish talking to Kaki? Okay?"

Sofi nodded her head quickly with a smile plastered on her face as she jumped up from the couch and grabbed Lauren's arm. All grogginess seemingly leaving her body. "C'mon Magical Eye Lauren! Let's go play!" She sing songed.

"Oh uh okay, Whoa!" Almost at lightning speed Lauren was being dragged out the living room and up to the upstairs floor. Camila tried to stifle a giggle that threatened to come out due to the sight.

Once both Sofi and Lauren were out of ear shot, the focus was now solely on Camila.

"I'm going to give you time now to explain yourself Camila, I'm sorry for raising my voice. It's just been so hard to deal with this...circumstance." Her father breathed out, tears brimming his eyes.