Vamp~Chapter 28

"Alright! Alright! Everyone clear the front room immediately! Return to your rooms for the rest of the night while we get this figured out. You are not, and I repeat NOT  in harms way!" Mrs. Lamik boomed from the top balcony.

"He's dead! Don't you understand!" An angry housemate hollered back.

"Ya! This is supposed to be a safe house! Are we're just sitting ducks now?" A buzz cut haired girl shouted up at the tight lipped Ms. Lamik.

A few more chimed in, until the whole room was loud and chaotic. Camila still had her head buried into Lauren's neck. Her crying had subsided and now Lauren was tracing comforting circles on the small of her back.

"I'm scared Lo..." Camila sniffled.

Releasing herself from the embrace, Camila took a long inhale and exhale to compose herself while waving her hands to cool herself down.

"I am too Camz. I am too." She spoke truthfully. Wiping the tear rolling down the porcelain skin of Camila's cheek.

While the chaos rose around them Lauren felt calm and comforted just by being in the same room as Camila. She continued to scan Camila's face while the girl looked around at everything going around her.

"Should we check on Charlie?" Camila whispered, breaking Lauren out of her stare.

"Uh-yea-we should probably go do that."

Taking Camila's usually frigid hand in her equally icy one, she lead them into the dining hall. Lauren's heart shattered at the sight in front her. Charlie sat in the chair in an almost lazy position. His eyes sullen and lifeless. The normally porcelain skinned boy was a shade lighter, with a few tear streaks marked upon his cheeks.

Lauren dropped Camila's hand and kneeled in front of the broken looking boy. Cupping the side of his head and turning it to look her in the eyes, she watched as he didn't move his gaze.

"Char, look at me please. Say something." She cooed.

Camila never saw this tender side to Lauren. She always extruded an intimidating, unapproachable essence to her. Now it was different, she held Charlie's head in her hand as if it was made out of precious ivory.

"I want them dead." He rasped, his eyes becoming glossy. "All of them...I want them gone." He still wasn't looking at her.

"I want them gone as much as you do, Char. But we can't-"

"Liar!" He erupted, pushing Lauren away from him and standing up from his chair. "You don't care! You never have! They killed your parents and you didn't even come to the funeral!"

Lauren's eyebrows instantly furrowed at the words hurled at her. She thought he understood.  His words stung Lauren more than the venom that turned her. He crossed the line.

Camila gasped. That's what happened to her parents? They were murdered?

"Laur-" Camila began to step towards her but she waved her off and instead stepped so that she was face to face with Charlie.

"You don't know shit about whether or not I care. My parents death is none of your business." She seethed, her eyes seeping into its maroon color while she pushed him back away from her, fists clenched.