Forced closeness

●●●●●●●

"Hello...Hello sir... Are you there!"

Taehyung's trance broke when he heard that voice calling out to him through the phone a bit loudly. He shifted his focus back at the road and cursed under his breath, noticing that he had almost veered off track. He swiftly adjusted the car's direction while responding to the voice.

Shaking his head, he tried to clear his mind. This had happened for the third time today. His entire mind was clouded with her thoughts since morning, and he couldn't get the image of her teary eyes out of his head. It was flashing constantly in front of his eyes.

He ran his fingers through his messy hair while handling the steering with the other hand. He was heading back home as it was almost evening and he was also concerned about her health and he just wanted to see her, if she was okay. He was desperate for some unknown reason.

"Should we cancel this deal, sir?" He heard Mr. Yook, his assistant asking him who was updating him on the company's workload in his absence.

"Hm, reschedule all the meetings, Mr. Yook. I'll be rejoining from tomorrow. Any update on the countryside casino dealers?" He spoke, eyes fixed on the road.

After a minute or two, Taehyung pulled up his car in front of his mension and stepped out as a guard opened the door for him. He handed the keys to that guard, still engaged in the call, and strode towards the entrance, eyes on the ground, phone pressed to his ear as he said,

"No, call off that project. I'll be taking over Zack and his grou -" His words trailed off as he lifted his head, hearing some noises coming from inside. His brows knitted in confusion as he headed towards the foyer.

As he walked inside, he saw some maids gathered in the middle of the hall while he heard Mr. Yook saying something from the other end, which made his steps slow down. A scowl formed on his face in irritation at the disruption caused by the noises. Everyone's back was towards him as he tried to see what's going on there while ending the call with Mr. Yook.

"I'll talk to you late -" His words stuck into his throat, when he witnessed someone pushing a lady away which made him stunned but when his eyes fell on that person standing in the middle of everyone, his heartbeat stopped especially when he caught those tears streaming down her cheeks. His body froze as he went completely blank for a moment.

Everything flashed in front of him in a blur, as he saw everyone surrounding her closely. His eyes widened at the violent grip on her arms as someone yanked her, the screaming, the chaos as he took a moment to registered everything that was happening before him. The scene was not enough that he heard those words that shudder his very being with a deadly feeling.

"If it's my last wish, then I only wish for you to die.. I wish you'd die! You'd die the worst death, Y/n!!"

His mouth parted hearing those vicious words, but that person continued to scream and spit venom through her words and the more he heard, the more he became stupefied and shocked.

"Why do you even exist! You're the root cause of all my misery! I hate you Y/n! I hate you!! ...." And it went on, every word penetrating in his ears like sharp knives. It didn't take long for him to recognize that voice, which made every vein in his body blaze in wrath. His gaze flamed up, his jaw clenched as he fisted the phone in his hand.

Without wasting another second, he stormed towards her and before anyone could notice his presence, he grabbed Eunhae by her elbow, spinning her around and without thinking anything else he slapped her with every might in his being causing Eunhae's body to crush onto the ground with blood splashing out of her mouth due to the vigorous force he used with her. Everyone gasped in horror, watching the sudden and violent action.