Chapter 142 : Pity or Love?

Devasena felt like this isn't real. As soon as Satanika proposed, his fathers and brother jump in to support him. Her father was shocked and Kosalyaraj was bewildered. He didn't dare speak against. He stands no chance against Satanika.

"Didi," a three years old runs inside her chamber, "Didi, look Rajkumar Satanika gave me this."

His name brings her back from her hazy state. She looks at her sister Indumati. She is wearing the prettiest garland on her neck.

"He made that?" Devasena asks.

Indumati nods her head violently. She keeps on saying how loving Satanika is. But Devasena is absentminded.

Her father is happy beyond words. Though about the preparations, Nakula and Sahadeva told them to wait unless Samragni Draupadi agrees. Also their eldest brothers have to agree as well.

For some unknown reason, Satanika is worry free. As if he knows everyone will agree.Awanti is a really small kingdom beside the port. They have no military power or rich resources like other kingdoms. This alliance will bring them nothing.

Besides why did he want to marry her all in a sudden? 

"Where is he now?" Devasena asks.

"In the garden, Didi," Indumati makes herself comfortable in her sister's chamber.

Devasena leaves the chamber appointing a maid for her younger sister. As Indumati said, Satanika is sitting in the garden. As it's winter now, there isn't a lot of green leaves.

Devasena's palace faces straight the port. Satanika is looking at the sea. His shoulder length curly hair is flying on the wind. His gorgeous blue eyes are the same color as the sea.

Devasena's heart does a flip. He doesn't wear his usual stern and careful expression as a warrior. Rather his eyes hold ocean of innocence in them. His eyes are filled with genuine curiosity over the world. Devasena for a moment gets a glimpse of a child. Who was curious about the world around him. He wanted a life carefree and filled with happiness.

Fate cruelly stole his childhood. His dreams, his happiness, his innocence. Deavsena knows about the promise Upapandavas made in Dyut Sabha. How did he endure this mother in that state? 

Devasena wanted nothing more that moment than taking all those painful memories of his life. Shielding him from every single thing. Bearing all the scars for him. Giving him all the happiness that she can.

Is this what Samragni feels like as well? Pandavas and their wife Draupadi's love story is famous all around Aryavarta. They lost everything. Their wealth, kingdom, themselves but didn't break. The moment one harm befall on her they become wounded lions. Samragni Draupadi looks at them as if there's nothing in her view other than them. Her eyes hold such deep love for them.

Devasena doesn't know how it was possible to love more than one man but it happened. And happened so deep failing every definition of love. As they say Krishna was the wing man of this relationship himself.

He is Narayana himself. How can the love story fail which he himself knitted?

Devasena approaches him step by step. Sitting beside him. She thumps his hand. Satanika doesn't flinch and stays on his spot.

"So the princess finally graced me her presence after a good 10 days,"

Devasena doesn't look at him. Her lips tremble a lit. Was his voice always this deep? A shiver runs down her spine.

"...I have one question for you.." she manages not to stutter.

"Go on," Satanika chuckles.

"Are you marrying me out of pity?" Devasena asks. Her heart beating anxiously. She dreads his answer.