Chapter 182 : The Declaration of War

Draupadi is pouring water in Kunti's head who still hasn't returned her conscious. Subhadra is rubbing her feet and palms continuously.

The night passed in confessions of past. Draupadi didn't know when Kunti and her co wives came inside. It was already dawn that time.

"Why was Mata Kunti up so early? Why were you all staying awake?" Draupadi asks Subhadra.

"Jiji...we were...they cornered me," Subhadra stutters.

Draupadi sighs, "Don't give into them,  Subhadra. Don't let them walk all over you."

Subhadra nods glancing at Draupadi with so many emotions in her eyes.

"Jiji..." Subhadra calls.

Draupadi turns to her.

"Dao always wished to get you as his sister in next life. You always declined," Subhadra's eyes moist, "Now I know why."

If she takes birth as his sister, she will be under his protection. She won't be able to assist him in his mission. Rather Draupadi always wished to take birth as his companion no matter how many birth she takes. This way, she will be his assistant in his journey.

Draupadi lovingly pats her head, "Bhadra, the war will start soon. In the meantime, my daughter in laws will be at your care."

Subhadra joins her hand and pays her respect, "I understand, Jiji."

"Samragni,"

A maid enters that time.

"Maharani Gandhari wishes to have an audience with you,"

Satanika enters his chamber. Devasena was woken up and she looks extremely exhausted. A female Ved is sitting nearby whose face is shinning with joy.

"Kumar!" the ved jumps happily.

Seeing Satanika's face, Devasena's heart stirrs in worry.

"Ekant," she dismisses the ved.

"Arya," Devasena holds his face in her palms worried, "What happened? Did you have an argument with Bhrata Sutasoma? Did anyone scold you?"

Satanika's eyes are dull and red. He looks unblinking at Devasena for a few seconds then breaks in tears burying his face in her chest.

Devasena's heart twists in pain with his  every cry. She doesn't ask anything and holds his head closer to her chest only.

"Maa...is so selfish... Devasena..."

Shrutasena enters Nandini's chamber. His heart heavy with guilt. She is still sleeping. Shrutasena approaches her gently. Her eyes are puffy and a part of the pillow is wet.

"I apologize," he whispers.

He pulls the blankets over her body and goes to take a bath. He returns pretty soon relaxed physically but his heart conflicted over the confessions.

He thought his fathers confession will hurt everyone only. Never thought his mother's confession is too massive that will cut the veins of their body. His Pitashree Bheema hasn't stopped crying.

"Arya,"

Shrutasena's trance breaks as Nandini calls her.

"Why did you wake up? Go back to sleep. It's still too early," Shrutasena caresses her head.

"Where were you?" Nandini pouts her eyes brimming with tears, "You went away at our very first night. Were you that unwilling to marry me that you didn't wish to see me again?"