Chapter 122: One Person's Account

  At this time on Hengyun Star, it was the darkest and coldest early morning. But the dark night sky above the capital was illuminated by the fierce artillery fire, like a hot iron.

  The entire palace was plunged into a bloody cloud, with fierce gunfire, abuse, and screams everywhere. Now a coup is taking place outside, a forced palace.

  The Third Army has rebelled.

  Before Huo Chao's video appeared, a large number of troops surrounded the palace. When Huo Chao's video came out, His Majesty the Emperor had just declared war on the Phantom God Cult, and they finally had a slogan of justice.

  In the past few months, Pei Changyun deliberately did not respond to Setlin's slander on the Internet. He made a certain counterattack, but did not fight back completely, just to wait. Wait for the hidden ghost to come out by himself. After all,

  he did not believe that the church wanted to overthrow him just based on a few words from Setlin. So there are still many, many ghosts hidden in the empire. Pei Changyun originally planned to catch them slowly, and he already had a list of names in his hand. It was just unexpected that the other party would tear off the mask so impatiently and reveal the fox's tail so quickly.

  It seems that something happened in Mingcheng, which made the Phantom God Cult anxious.

  But at this time, neither the church nor the rebels who were forcing the palace knew that Pei Changyun had secretly taken the royal fleet away and flew to Shenglu Star.

  Because it was a secret operation, Pei Changyun temporarily turned on the signal shielding in the direction of Shenglu Star, so he did not receive any news from Huo Xianfeng. He is now quietly watching the downloaded video of Huo Chao's resurrection.

  Over and over again, over and over again.

  His Majesty the Emperor did not seem to care about everything bloody at the moment, did not care about his current extremely dangerous situation and situation, did not care about the overwhelming doubts and abuses on the star network... At this moment, Pei Changyun just quietly, without blinking, stared at the face of the man in the video.

  After three hundred years, Pei Changyun finally looked at that person so carefully again. He had never taken the initiative to look at anything related to Huo Chao before, did not look at that person's photos, did not look at that person's things, and even memories, he did not dare to take the initiative to touch.

  But Pei Changyun had to see it now, had to feel the surging memories like a flood that broke through the gates, roaring and engulfing him.

  ——Because that was indeed Huo Chao's face.

  No difference.

  Even the man's habit of punctuation, his preference for pronunciation, and the stress of each sentence were the same.

  Huo Chao, alive and well, he was standing there, with a heartbeat and breathing.

  In fact, for a moment, Pei Changyun hoped that all this was true. As long as Huo Chao was really alive, no matter what that person said about him, it would be fine.

  It's all right, it doesn't matter.

  But Pei Changyun knew that it wasn't, even if every part and every detail of that person was a perfect 100% copy of that person, he was not Huo Chao, just a fake that looked very, very similar.