Chapter 139: The Final Battle (Part 1)

Chapter 139: Final Battle (Part 1)

  His Majesty the Emperor walked down the tower, from striding to staggering. The corridor inside was dark without lights on. He held on to the cold wall, his back trembling violently, and his usually upright back collapsed like a mountain.

  In fact, Pei Changyun had also had some dark thoughts. At least when he first heard Cecilia say those words, he was indeed moved. But in the end he still didn't do it.

  Just like Huo Chao said, it is not a good thing to wake up the deceased from his deep sleep.

  In addition to his love for Huo Chao, Pei Changyun also carried more things, otherwise when he lost his lover and child at the same time, he should have gone with them.

  "Cough-"

  "Cough... cough cough..."

  Pei Changyun suddenly covered his mouth and burst into a violent cough, and then blood rushed out from between his fingers, instantly staining his cuffs red.

  He closed his eyes deeply, as if he was trying to endure something. He didn't know whether it was the pain of his lover leaving again, or the severe pain in his body, or both.

  Parasitic infection has a two-month incubation period, after which the internal organs of the whole body will begin to fail. And die in just one week, without any medicine. This way of death is like an accelerated version of Jiang Jinsheng's death process.

  "Your Majesty..."

  "Your Majesty--!"

  It was Zhao He's voice.

  The chaotic and rapid footsteps of many people came from far away.

  Pei Changyun opened his eyes with difficulty. In his blurred vision, he saw his secretary general wearing a protective suit, followed by a group of medical teams and guards.

  "Your Majesty, the situation is urgent... Excuse me."

  It sounded like the voice of a doctor, but Pei Changyun could no longer tell. His collar was quickly cut open by a scalpel, revealing his bare chest. The skin at the heart spread a large area of ​​​​glaring red, and the hideous lines quickly spread in all directions.

  Just as He Zhun expected, Pei Changyun was indeed infected.

  When he chopped off the fake head, the blood almost washed Pei Changyun's whole body. But at that time, they had not received the news of the parasitic disease, so no one cared. The

  Phantom God Cult went to great lengths, spent countless manpower, financial resources and time to get Huo Chao's genes and make clones. It was not just a political attack on Pei Changyun. As the source of infection that was destined to be killed, it was the killer.

  The secretary-general knelt on one knee beside him, watching the doctors surround Pei Changyun for emergency treatment.

  "Next... Next,"

  Pei Changyun took off the oxygen mask. At this time, a lot of blood overflowed from his mouth with every word he said,

  "The highest... military command... is handed over... to... Zhou Jiuya. The rest... will be temporarily taken over by the empire's mastermind... Changmeng..."

  Just as Cecilia said, the reason why Pei Changyun stayed on Hengyun Star for three hundred years was because he was the brain and heart of this empire. Only he could control and stabilize this huge empire.