Chapter 2

Chapter 2 Hilary's POV
_____________________________

"MAXWELL!" Mr. Canning's voice wakes me up from my peaceful slumber.

"Huh, wha?!" I shot up from my seat and looked wide-eyed over at Mr. Canning.

"School is over, Miss Maxwell. Next time you sleep in my class, you're going to land yourself in detention." Mr. Canning scolds and I nod in shame.

I hadn't meant to fall asleep during last period, but the lecture Mr. Canning was giving us was super boring.

I exited the classroom with Mr. Canning watching me like a hawk.

What the hell was I going to do while I was exiting the classroom?!

Chelsea waited for me by my locker, but she wasn't alone.

Jace was there with her, and they seemed to be flirting.

Smoke shot out of my ears, and I could feel an ugly, green monster crawling up my back.

It was called Jealously.

I stomped over to my locker ad shoved the two away from each other.

"Excuse me!" I say rudely and open my locker shoving all my textbooks in, and slamming it shut.

"Whoa, H, what's wrong with you?" Chelsea asks amused.

"What's wrong with me?!" I ask in disbelief. Jace isn't helping with the matter at all, as he waves to a group of blondes exiting the west doors.

"Yes, babe what's wrong?" Jace asks sarcastically.

I feel tears prick in my eyes.

Jace and Chelsea look at each other and burst out laughing.

What the fuck?

"We got you!" They say in unison and continue laughing.

"W-what?" I stammer.

"You should've seen the pissed look on your face!" Chelsea snorts.

"Babe, I would never cheat on you!" Jace chuckles and hugs me from around the waist.

I ignore them, and shake Jace's hands off my waist. My hands reach into my locker once again, and I grab my notebooks needed for completing my homework.

I strut down the hall and make my way to my car once I exit the west doors as well.

"Hilary, wait!" I turn around expecting Jace to come chasing after me, but its Brayden instead.

An evil plan starts forming in my head and I walk over to Brayden.

"Yes, Brayden?" I ask batting my eyelashes.

Out of the comer of my eye, Jace and Chelsea watch in shock.

"I was just wondering if you would like to go to Matts party with me tonight?" He asks hopefully.

So that's what Chelsea was talking to Matt about.

She just needed a date.

"Of course," I say, "Jace was to busy for me anyway."

Brayden grins and tells me he'll pick me up around 8:00 sharp. I nod enthusiastically.

Before I can leave, a rough hand grabs my shoulder and spins me around. I face an fuming Jace with an angry Chelsea right behind him.

"What the hell was that, huh?" He asks with a menacing tone laced with his normal angelic voice.

Fear starts to grow on me, but I shake it off. Jace would never hurt me.