Chapter 25

Chapter 25 Hilary's POV
____________________________

Anna soon left my room after the whispering of our parents voices had died down. But it wasn't very long before I was called into the dining room where my parents await for my presence.

"Please, sit." Father requested and I sat down looking straight at the dark oak instead of my parents eyes.

"I am here because of the facade at therapy aren't I?" I asked quietly looking up for a split second to catch my father nodding at me.

"I talked to Miss Angela on the phone earlier, Hilary." Mom pipped up. "Why on earth would you slap her?!"

I gasped and looked at my furious mother.

"We are trying to help you! And you just keep embarrassing this family. Your becoming a disgrace. Your grades are dropping, you're dressing poorly. HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO GET INTO A GOOD COLLAGE?!" Mom was outraged.

She slammed he fists on the table and stood up so fast that her chair flew backwards crashing against the wall behind her leaving a dent.

"Dear, you need to calm down!" Dad cried.

"Don't you speak! You're the one that smashed her sculpture!" Mom gouged and angrily pointed to me. "YOU NOT ME!"

Dad gulped and kept his mouth shut.

"Why can't you just be the perfect little daughter?!" Mom screamed at me and stalked toward me.

"I'm sorry!" I cried out when mom grabbed my hair and raised me from my seat.

"You wanna go around slapping people?!" Mom yelled and spit on my face.

"She was being a bitch!" I hollered trying to squirm out of her hold. "Just like you!"

Dead silence. Nothing but the insane laughing of my crazy mother.

"Dear-" dad said but it was much to late to pull mom out of her crazy session.

Slap!

The sound of the slap echoed off the walls in the dining room. The pain only lasted a few seconds but it was enough to get me going.

I sunk to my knees on the floor while I watched mom register her actions in her pretty little brain.

"Hilary I-"

I scramble up from the floor while clutching my bruised cheek and faces my mother looking her dead in the eyes.

"Don't touch me. Don't speak to me. And don't call me your daughter." I spat.

And then I ran. Before anyone made a sudden move to stop me. I just ran straight out the front door and down the street despite my parents hollers.

I had no idea where I was going but I just wanted to get away. To get away from all the bullshit drama and messed up family. No.

Messed up life.

I turned the corner and crossed the street dodging passing cars that blared their horns while I passed. I didn't care if I was hit by a car. I didn't care about anything anymore. I just ran and ran. Maybe I was running from my problems. Maybe it wouldn't solve anything. But it was definitely better than staying there and letting them beat me up over something that I didn't try to do.

I didn't try to Ruin our family's reputation. I didn't try to ruin their lives! I didn't want to ruin anything. But somehow no mater how hard I try I seem to ruin everything.

I decided to run over to Brayden's house. Even thinking about him seemed to calm me in some way. And so that's exactly where I went.

Once I arrived at my destination, I knocked on Brayden's door hoping he wasn't still mad and that'd he would let me in.

"Hilary?! Hi, come in." Brayden said noticing my distress. I nodded in thanks and plopped myself on the couch in the living room.

"My parents are away for this weekend, so it's just me." Brayden said. And for some reason this made my cheeks turn a dark shade of red.

"That's cool. Um, do you mind listening to some ranting for a while?" I asked hopefully. I just needed to talk to someone.

Brayden looked at me with his cute concerned expression that's made me feel wild inside.

"Sure what's up?" He asked sitting down beside my on the couch.

And so I told him about everything. How my parents thought I was a disgrace. And about my emotions.

And after all that, Brayden still stuck with me. He pulled me into a UGHH hug and whispered soothing words in my ears as the tears came.

I felt weak and useless. All I've been doing is crying. And it wasn't getting me anywhere. Not with those pictures and certainly not in the case with Jace.

My mother had talked to the police who said they'd do everything they could to try and take those pictures off the internet. But, it could take years. So a case was being filed against Jace to throw him and possibly Chelsea in jail. Though, I had no proof that Chelsea was even involved in the plot.

I suddenly pull away from Brayden and stare into his beautiful irises that I'd never get sick of looking at. I thought about the words I was going to say to make sure I was doing the right thing to say.

Was I even sure about it? Was I saying the right thing?

"Brayden," I breathed.

"Yes?" He asked seeming almost breathless.

"I think-no, I know I love you." I said getting the words off my chest.

Brayden didn't say anything making me take back my words. Did...Brayden not feel the same way?

"Hilary?" Brayden asked.

Here it comes, the rejection. I quickly braced myself by wrapping my lean arms around myself and squeezing my eyes shut.

"Yes?" I whispered waiting for him to say it.

"I love you to." He said making me gasp in realization that Brayden felt the same way.

And with those three simple words I didn't hesitate to smash my lips to his.

_____________________________

OML! I'm so,so, so sorry guys for not updating in over a month! Stuff has been busy and dance is crazy along with school-

But it's fine, because I'm updating now. Anyways, enjoy :).

-Axx