Chapter 6

Chapter 6 Brayden's POV
____________________________

When I didn't see Hilary at her locker, I began to get really worried. Was she with the asshole Jace again? Or her bitch friend Chelsea.

I didn't get a chance to find out. The bell rang signalling the next class, forcing the students to leave. I waited an extra minute longer, and she still didn't show up.

I figure she forgot, and was probably at class. At class, our teacher scolded me for being late and handed me a 'Tardy' sheet.

I crumbled it up and threw it in the garbage. My eyes scanned the faces of my classmates, and none of them were the beautiful face if my girlfriend.

Where is she?

Probably with Jace.

She wouldn't be with Jace.

Maybe she is.

I shut my inner voice out and focus my attention to the teacher who was currently giving one of the most boring lectures in the entire universe. No joke.

"So you see why Shakespeare wrote this play?" Mrs Winniham concluded, finally!

When the bell rang, it was like heaven to my ears.

I raced down the hall straight to Hilary's locker. She wasn't there.

Panic arose within me, and I immediately ran straight to the office.

Our secretary Miss Delaney sat in her chair scribbling away on a piece of paper containing late slips.

"Miss Delaney?!" I asked hurriedly and she looked up and frowned.

"What do you want?" She spat at me. Well, isn't she just a ball of sunshine.

"Hilary Maxwell wasn't in first period class and has shown no motion to go to second period. Could you make an announcement please?" I asked and she nodded.

"Now go away."

"Okay, bitch." I whispered, but I think she heard it by the growling sound she made. Good.

"Hilary Maxwell, please report to your second period class. Hilary Maxwell, thank you."

Where are you Hilary?

++++++

Hilary's POV

"Hilary Maxwell, please report to your second period class. Hilary Maxwell, thank you."

Once I heard my name, I shot up from my seat. I'd fallen asleep. Brayden is probably worried sick!

I passed the grouchy Librarian and made my way towards the Social Studies classroom.

The door creaked open under my touch, and Mrs. Clyde's eyes snapped to mine.

"Take a seat, Maxwell."

"Yes ma'am." I whisper softly, and find my seat near the from of the class...right beside Chelsea. Great.

"Miss Maxwell, may I ask where you were during your English period?" Mrs Clyde says.

"I was in the washroom." I lied.

"For a whole hour?" She asked in dis belief and some students snickered.

"I was locked in. The janitor just let me out." I retrained from biting my tongue and spitting out the truth.

"Miss Maxwell, I think you're lying.tell me the truth or you're in detention."