Chapter 22

Chapter 22 Hilary's POV
____________________________

When the car pulled up in front of a large red-bricked building, I don't know if it looked comforting or not.

Shivers crawled up my spine, as the chilly Autumn air nipped my exposed skin. I followed my worried mother into the uninviting building and waited while she chatted with the receptionist.

"Come, dear right this way." A kind lady held out her hand to me, and I waited for my mom to begin walking with me, but she didn't. Realization then hit me like a truck.

"You're looking me in?!" I shouted attracting unwanted attention, but I didn't care.

"Hilary, pipe down!" My mother hissed. "Anna will pick you up. I have to get back to work."

"So work is more important than my issues? I see! And you can't lock me away forever! Someday I'm going to face the world with this burden being carried on my shoulders!" I barked, and my mom looked rather startled.

"Hilary Ann Maxwell!" She screeched.

"Someday, I'm going to embarrass you and our precious little family. And that's all that matters to you. That we look good." I whispered to my mom, before being dragged away into the room.

I enjoyed watching as she flustered about, trying her hardest to ignore the hard glared she was receiving.

"JUST YOU WAIT!" I screamed as loud as I could before being thrown into a white room.

Miss Angela waited promptly in a leather chair and another lather chair sat right across from her.

"Miss Maxwell, please have a seat." Angela said and I did as I was told. But I didn't plan on speaking.

"Can you please explain to me the situation here." She said kindly, temping me to spill it all, but my pride kept me from doing so.

"I suspect you already were informed of the situation." I snarled and just like my mom, Angela looked rather startled and flustered about.

"Miss Maxwell, it's true I've been advised, but if like to hear you say it in your own words." She reasoned, but I was far to gone for that.

"That's bullshit." I whispered.

"Pardon me?" Angela exclaimed.

"I said, THATS BULLSHIT!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "I HATE YOU! I HATE THE WORLD! I HATE JACE ALLINGTON!"

The name tasted nasty in my mouth, and so I spat on the leather seat, not caring the Angela was calling security.

"You want me to put it on my own words?" I smirked. "MY MOTHER THINKS IM CRAZY AND JUST WANT HER FAMILY TO LOOK GOOD!"

"Miss, you n-need to calm d-down." Angela stuttered.

"FUCKING SHUT THE HELL UP!" I barked at her just as security arrived.

I kicked and screamed and hollered profanities as the two bulky men tossed me out of the building.

I got up and ran as fast as my tiny legs could carry me. I ran all the way to Rosewoods' boarder and temptation seemed to crops my mind again.

But, before I made it anywhere, another two arms hooked around my own and dragged me somewhere else.

"Let me go!" I demanded, but nothing worked. The people were to stubborn and strong.

And so I burst out crying so that they would let me go. And once they did, I ran again as fast as I could.

I stumbled upon a forest and weaved my way through trees ignoring the scratches all over my body from the branches.