Chapter 7

Chapter 7 Hilary's POV
____________________________

"Hmm." I hummed dancing around my room to the latest tunes the radio had to offer.

The Blogs.com website was the only thing that was proudly showing on my laptop screen.

An account had been made right away once I'd made it to my room. No hesitation. I didn't even read the privacy policy. Pfft, like I needed to, anyway. Nothing's coin to happen to me.

Pound! Pound! Pound!

Loud knocking came from my front door, and I suspected it was Brayden trying to pull a fast one on me.

Why was he back so early?

I padded down the soft cushioning of my carpet stairs, and made my way to my front doors.

I swung the door open with great delight and exclaimed,

"Hey Brayden! Why are you back-"

The person at the door was not Brayden, but Jace. Ugh why does this keep happening. First the night if the party, now this.

I shrunk back in fear of what Jace was capable of and tried to slam the door shut, but he held it open with his foot.

"Let me in, Hilary." he says struggling against my string hold on the door.

"No! Not after you tried to fucking rape me, you monster!" I scream and the tears fight to get past my eyes.

"Please, Hilary! Just five minutes." He pleads with me, and I know he won't go away until I do.

"Fine,five minutes and you never talk to me again!" I say through clenched teeth, an I open the door only wide enough that if he tries anything, I can slam it shut.

"Did you get a flyer about Blogs.com?" He asks nervously fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

"Yes. How did you know about that?" I ask suspiciously. That's just plain creepy that he knows.

"Hilary, it's a trick! It's all-"

"Jace, shut the hell up!" I shout stopping his little rant. "I don't know what's wrong with you, but it's not a trick."

"But it is." Jace says softly. "Listen to me-"

"Your five minutes are up." I say, fed up. "Jace, do me a favour."

"What?!" He asks hope in his eyes.

"Leave me the hell alone." I command and slam the door shut.

++++++

Jace's POV

She didn't listen. She's going to get hurt.

Of course she wouldn't listen dumbass. Not after your tried to rape her. Rape her!

I sigh in defeat and trudge away from Hilary's home. There has to be another way that I can stop Chelsea's plan somehow. But first things first is to let Hilary know about the plan.

I walk along the bare sidewalk with the browny-greenly grass that sits on either side letting everyone know winter is near.

I can't go back home. I don't want to.

I think of Hilary's smile when she's with Brayden. Brayden fucking Smith.

Hurt choruses around me and the pain I feel is almost unbearable.

What is wrong with me? Why did k take Hilary for granted?!

Tears start to sting my eyes, and I try my hardest to keep them back.