Chapter 5

Chapter 5 Hilary's POV
____________________________

The next morning, I awoke beside Brayden, and instantly my thoughts went back to last night.

"Jace is a fucking douchebag!" Brayden exclaims. "What the hell is wrong with him?! He doesn't know how to treat a girl right."

"I know." I say softly. "I was so stupid to ever go out with him."

Brayden looked at me and kissed me passionately.

"You're not stupid. You were just blinded by his charm. He's a jackass. What can you do?" Brayden loathed at the end, and I joined in.

I curled up beside him on my bed and soon felt sleepiness consume me.

"Brayden!" I giggled poking Brayden's muscular arm. "Wake the hell up!" I heard him groan and I laughed.

"Cmon its Wednesday, and I can't miss another day at school!" I laugh again, and he opens his eyes and stares up at me.

"I hate you." He pouts and marches over to his back pack he brought just in case he ended up sleeping over.

Smart boy. Just what I like.

I flipped him off, and hopped on the shower and I'd my daily routine. But, when I got out of the shower, no one barged in this time, luckily.

"Ready, babe?" I asked Brayden, and he nodded. We left my house in Brayden's Lamborghini and headed straight for school.

We entered the school doors hand and hand, and once we were in sight, everybody gasped.

"Hilary is with Brayden now?"

"That slut! She was just with Jace!"

"That bitch stole my man!"

I ignored all the whispering and comments thrown my way and instead waited by my locker for Chelsea, who hadn't made an appearance yet. Neither had Jace.

"Hilary, here's the work you missed." Daniel Washington handed over a dozen loose papers to me. It was no secret that he liked me.

"Thanks, Daniel." I said politely and he beamed. "But just so you know, in with Brayden."

The poor guy's head dropped and he muttered an apology before scurrying away back to his friends.

That's the last time he'll ever give me homework I miss.

You got that right.

Uh huh.

I peck Brayden on the lips and tell him I'll see him before first period starts. Unfortunately, we don't have all the same classes.

My schedule:
Homeroom; Jace and Chelsea Mr Kingly
English; Brayden and Jace Mrs Winniham
Social Studies; Chelsea and Anna Miss Clyde
AP Chemistry; Anna and Jace Mr St Jean eat001
Lunch
Math; Jace and Brayden Miss Phelps
Gym; Anna and Jace Mr Smith (not Brayden's dad)
History; Jace and Matt Mr Canning

The class I was most nervous for was History. I really doubt Matt would get into a fist fight with his best friend (Jace) if you know who tried anything on me.

On the way to Mr Kingly's class, I spot Anna with her crowd.

"Anna!" I call and she looks at me in disgust.

"What, loser?" She asks as if the look on her face didn't give away the fact that she didn't want to speak to me.

"Mom and Dad are home for the rest of the week and this weekend? Where were you last night?" I asked curiously.