Chapter 3

Chapter 3 Hilary's POV
____________________________

When Brayden pulls up at Matts house, I'm super relived.

I search around in hope of spotting Chelsea, but then I remembered the incident at school, and stopped.

I couldn't get the image of Jace chasing Brayden's car out of my head.

Was I being to hard on him? Surely I wasn't.

"What's wrong, Hilary? I can see it in your eyes." Brayden asked me. His expression just screamed concerned.

"I'm fine. Why do you pay attention to the look in my eyes anyway?" I ask.

His cheeks turn a slight shade of pink, and he looks away.

"Nothing." He shrugs and heads into Matts house leaving me alone.

The music was pumped really loud, as the volume was probably cranked to its fullest.

The lasted hits were playing out of expensive stereos that were set up in the living room.

Matt sat on his L-shaped couch chatting the night away with Chelsea.

I looked away and made my way over to the refreshments table.

Vodka caught my eye, and I immediately grabbed the bottle. I was about to chug it down when,

"Hilary!" Jace called. "Put that down!"

Everyone in the living room tuned towards me, and my cheeks flushed.

"Don't tell me what do do!" I snarled. "This is a fucking party."

"Stop, you don't need to get waisted." Jace says in a soothing voice.

"Let go of me! Why don't you go flirt with my best friend!" I screamed and the crowd watching us gasps.

Jace let's go if my arm and looks at me in shock.

"It was a joke."

"A joke that isn't funny. Take a hint, Jace."

Somewhere from in the crowd, Brayden steps forward.

"I'll take you home, H. Let's go." I nod and follow him out of Matts house.

"I'm sorry about that, Hilary." Matt gives me a sympathetic look.

Matt has always been a nice boy. I don't understand why Chelsea was such a bitch to him.

I scramble into Brayden's car before any of the curious students in our grade ask me questions.

I would probably flip them off, and I don't need any more attention. Especially after Jace ruined my night.

Before I can say asswhole, Brayden pulls up into my drive way and turns to look at me.

"Did you just use me tonight?" He says, and his face drops. I almost feel bad.

"Yes, Brayden and I'm sorry. But your a much better boyfriend than Jace right now." I state, and I realize it's true.

All this time I've been going for Jace, when Brayden always was there for me.

Brayden steps out if the car, and I look at him again. His shaggy brown hair is swept to the side, freckles litter his face and his baby blue eyes are filled with hope.

"Hilary, will you go out with me?" He whispers, but I still catch it.

"Brayden..., in dating Jace." I say, but I want to kiss him so badly.