Chapter 10

Chapter 10 Hilary's POV
____________________________

"Jace!" I holler. "What're you-"

Jace doesn't even allow me to speak. Quickly he grabs some orange coloured duct tape and slips it over my mouth.

"Mmmm!" I scream, but I know no one can hear me.

He opens the locked door with a key that hung around a rusty hook. After throwing me inside, we hear more banging.

"Jace, if you don't open up this door, we will come in and scout the premises." The police warned, but Jace payed no attention to the serious warning and quickly pushed me through the door and turned around to lock it.

"Keep moving." He whispers, and we hear a huge crack and heavy footsteps.

I struggle against Jace's firm hold on me and try to turn back around,but if course Jace is stronger.

I then realize that we're going through a long narrow hallway and I soon see light coming from a few yards away.

"We're going to have to go to the next secret spot." Jace mumbles to himself and I pale.

"Mgh!" I scream as loud as I can.

"Oh, shut up." Jace says annoyed and throws me in a white van and I notice that no license plate is in the place where it should be.

Jace runs around the car to the drivers seat and starts the car.

"Hey!" Someone shouts from not to far away and I sit up and look out the window.

It's Brayden.

I crawl towards the window and Brayden makes eye contact with me.

"Hilary!" He bellows but it's already to late. The van has began to move and before I knew it, the house was out of sight and the only thing you could see were the long,smooth trunks of tall trees.

I slumped miserably against the wall of the van and cried not caring that Jace could hear my sobs.

"You need to break up with Brayden." Jace says and I stop crying to look at him with fearful eyes.

"No." I say ripping off the orange tape.

"Yes or I'll kill him."

"No!" I scream and thrash my legs kicking the trunk of the van open.

I see this as my chance to escape and I jump out of the van Rollin along the dirt ground.

"Hilary!" Jace shouts "get back here!"

I'm tired of obeying him and I scramble to my feet and begun running in the opposite direction of the way the van was going.

"Hilary!" I hear footsteps coming from behind me, and I know Jace will catch up with me soon if I don't do something.

"Get back here!" Jace yells and I stop running to face him.

"Or what?" I taunt. "You'll kill me? The police are looking for you. Then what will you do?"

Jace looks at me and opens his mouth as if to say something, and then closes it.

"Chelsea told me to do this." Jace whispers and I put the pieces together.

Chelsea wants Jace to get arrested!

"Jace, you need to listen to me." I say frantically as I hear shouting in the distance. "Get you can and drive as far away as possible. Don't come back for me. Go!"

Jace looks at me great fully and confused but the clearest emotion was worried.

"Go!" I shout and he begins driving away.