Chapter Twelve - What They Have

Zayn and Niall walked out of the room for breakfast.

Harry grabbed Louis' arm and held him back. "I've missed you.... That's why I've kept it."

Louis' heart hurt. It really really did but he just couldn't tell Harry how much he missed him. He could let Harry know that on the other side of his bed is a burning hole where Harry used to belong. He was in so much pain and all he wanted was to cry on Harry's shoulder, but he can't. And that's Harry's fault. If Harry hadn't have cheated, if Harry would've remained faithful, Louis could be with him.

"That night was a mistake. I didn't- I tried to push him away. I was so drunk and you wanted to hang out with Zayn because he's so perfect in every way and you wanted nothing to do with me and I just wanted to show you off to everyone but you were so cold towards me and I drank so many shots-"

Louis scoffed, "Are you seriously pinning the blame on me? So what if I don't want to spend every three seconds with you? You're so needy and clingy. I wanted air, Harry. But obviously I couldn't because you weren't my boyfriend you were my child. My obligation. If I don't want to dance with you, you get drunk and try to fuck someone else."

"I was an obligation? I just wanted to make you happy! I was your boyfriend, of course I wanted to spend time with you!" Harry defended.

"You're a child. You can't handle yourself. You are weak and can't stand on your own. From when we were kids to now. You never had a backbone to do anything first. You're weak." Louis spat, his face red with anger. Everything is Harry's fault.

Harry closed his eyes. "I may not have been the first one to kiss the other, but I love you. Isn't that enough?" He asked before pushing past Louis and running by Zayn who was pretending not to listen and Niall who was obviously listening and calling after him.

Harry didn't care that his clothes were ruffled and wrinkled or that he smelled like alcohol or that he didn't even have shoes on. He wasn't going to be near Louis.

The pavement was burning the bottoms of his feet. But he kept running. He was headed for the beach so he could be alone on the private pier made for people who were staying in the beach houses.

Harry climbed onto a lifeguard post and sat there. He brought his knees to his chest and buried his face.

Louis won't even listen to what happened. They'll never be together and happy. He ruins everything. He can't do anything right. Harry's heart hurt more than he could imagine. He misses how Louis' tanned skin feels on his fingertips. And the soft blue of Louis' irises when Harry would compliment him. Or the smile small he'd get every time Harry spoke about something he cared deeply about. He misses Louis.

"You know the ocean has enough salt water without your tears?" An Australian accent said. "Although, I do the same every father's day. That's another story though. But you know life isn't as sad and bad as it may seem at the moment."

Harry looked up to see a super tan, super attractive, super toned, and super shirtless guy. He had curly blond hair and super opaque lips. He was smiling empathetically.

"May I?" He gestured to the empty spot next to Harry, Harry nodded.

"I wasn't crying."

"So you weren't crying. But you're not alone on the beach in crinkled clothes because you feel liberated and happy. It's okay to be sad, but you don't have to be sad alone."

Harry looked out at the forever continuous, never ending ocean.

"What's your name?"

"Harry."

The boy smiled, "Well Harry, I'd love to see you smile because I like smiles. Did that sound gay? Probably. I'm Ashton."

Harry smiled slightly.

"Now Harry, follow me as I take you to get thongs, or uh flip flops. I need a shirt anyway. Mine was stolen by the ocean."

Ashton jumped from the stand and waited for Harry to do the same.

They walked to the boardwalk where all the shops are while Ashton told Harry about his band. They arrived at a shop as Ashton was telling Harry that he should come listen to them.

"Maybe, I think I want to not be at the house I'm staying at a lot. So I probably will."

Ashton beams, "that's great!" They walked to the shop. "Mikey, can you give me a tank and some thongs?"

The boy had black hair with his fringe dyed blue. He was whiter than paper and looked super emo. "Yeah, here. By the way, Luke is sick and can't sing. Practice is canceled. And hello legs, I'm Michael and you're cute."

"I'm actually Harry."

"Hairy where? I'm okay if you've got a carpet down there-"

Harry laughed, "no, my name is Harry. Like the wizard."

"Oh, are you a wizard too? I bet you could do some magic in bed with your wand."

Harry laughed even harder.

"I'm sorry about him," Ashton said quickly.

"I'm joking, unless if you don't want me to be. But seriously you looked sad and crude humour is what I do best." Michael smiled.

Harry noted his grey eyes. Ashton took the shirt and threw it on over his head, "when do you get off?"

"In like 10 minutes, wait for me?"

And they did. Then they went to a popular diner and ate with each other. Harry got both of their numbers and told them about England. They spoke about their band and how they have a gig at the diner this weekend. Hours passed and Harry's phone died and they walked around together until Michael got a phone call from his mum and had to go home. Ashton asked Harry to come over for a while. Not thinking Harry accepted. He didn't want to go home to Louis. He'd rather be with Ashton.