Chapter Thirteen - What They Have

"So why are you in Australia?" Ashton asked with a mouth full of bread and Vegemite.

Harry cringed, "I'm here with friends and my ex-boyfriend."

Ashton nodded, "Yeah, cause I go on vacation with my ex too. Totally normal."

"Our friends want us to start getting along again and it isn't working because he hates me. We got into an argument and I ran out."

"That's why I found you crying," Ashton realized. "Mate, this ex of yours doesn't seem very nice."

Harry shook his head, "No he is a dream come true. I love everything about him.... Well loved I guess. He said I was just an obligation to him. He felt obligated when he was with me. He really hurt me. He made me feel like crap. He made me feel like I deserve to hurt." Harry's eyes started to tear up, "I wish I was good enough."

Ashton pouted, "No one deserves to hurt. Sometimes people say mean things because they're scared or confused or hurt. You are good enough. I hardly know you and I know that. This ex of yours is stupid not to realize. Now let's watch the telly or something and forget about the ex. Ex's are dumb. But I want you to forgive him for what he said to you. I went through a similar thing and my ex and I are now friends because I decided to forgive and so should you. And I want you to ask him for forgiveness. He needs to forgive you too."

Harry nodded, "Forgive Louis. I think I can do that." They settled in to watch the movie.

The clock said it was 7 when they started the movie. Harry planned to be back to the boys at 10. However, Ashton brought out a soft blanket and his couch was so comfortable that Harry's tired eyes couldn't help but fall closed.

×××

"Hello! You have reached Harry Styles I am busy at the moment so I'll call you back!"

If Niall heard that godforsaken voicemail message one more time he's going to break his phone. The phone stop ringing meaning Harry either turned off his phone or it died. Either way Niall was ready to commit murder. Zayn was holding Louis who was freaking out.

Louis' hands were in his hair yanking with an alarming strength. He was muttering "my fault" over and over. He hated himself for being such an ass. He wouldn't listen to Harry and he's the reason Harry isn't home even though it's past midnight. Zayn's arms were wrapped around Louis' body tightly. He was rocking back and forth slowly to calm the boy.

"I'm gonna kill him. How is he not home yet?" Niall huffed.

"What if he was kidnapped?" Louis panicked.

"He wasn't," Zayn assured.

"What if someone found him crying and vulnerable in the street and raped him?" Louis cried.

"No one did."

"How do you know?"

Zayn hesitated before sighing, "I don't."

Louis squeezed his eyes closed and tears streamed down. "What the fuck was I thinking? Why am I such a fuck up?"

"You aren't. Louis please calm down. Harry is okay. Don't worry."

×××

Harry's body was shaking.

"Harry? Wake up. If you're gonna sleep over you should probably go get in a bed or something," Ashton said shaking him. "I noticed your phone was dead and I had the charger so I plugged it up for you."

Harry sat up rubbing his eyes, "What time is it?"

"One nineteen."

Harry's eyes shot open and the sprung off the couch and grabbed his phone to see 73 phone calls from Niall and even more texts. "Fuck."

"You okay?" Ashton asked.

Harry ran a hand through his hair. "My friends are going to kill me. I meant to go home at 10. Can you give me a ride home?"

Ashton nodded and went to the kitchen to grab his keys as Harry dialed Niall's number.

"Where the fuck are you?" Niall snapped the moment he answered.

"At this nice guy Ashton's house." Harry paused and heard crying in the background. "Is everything okay over there?"

"No. Louis thought something bad happened to you. We all did. What the hell were you thinking? What is wrong with you?" Niall fumed.

"Jee sorry Mum. I'll try to do better next time."

"This isn't a fucking joke Harry. We were all genuinely worried about you running off in a foreign country. Don't make us seem like assholes for caring."

Harry sighed, "Okay I'm on my way." He hung up and smiled at Ashton

Ashton lead Harry outside to his car. The song Marvin Gaye was on the radio softly as Ashton started to drive. Harry started to tell Ash about the conversation with Niall.

Ashton pulled into the driveway of Harry temporary home and turned off his car. "Thank you for coming over."

"Thank you for having me."

Then Ashton leaned over and kissed Harry's cheek. Harry blushed and got out of the car and waved as Ashton backed out of the lot and drove away.

Harry opened the front door to see a crying Louis in Zayn's arms and a very agitated Niall.

Louis stood up once he saw Harry and smacked him hard across the face leaving a red hand mark before spinning on his heel and heading to his room. A slam of a door shook everyone. And then silence settled.

∆∆∆∆∆
Hello!
I am back and I'm very tired so gnight love y'all

Comment if you loved it or you love me!!!