Chapter Fourteen - What They Have

Harry put his hand on his face trying to ease the stinging. As Zayn shook his head and went to the kitchen.

"You deserved that," Niall remarked. "What the hell were you thinking? You're not a child anymore Harry. You can't just 'run away' when something bad happens. You stay and you deal with it like the adult you're supposed to be!"

Harry flinched at the harsh words. "I'm sorry! I was supposed to stay here and be told that I was nothing but an obligation to the man I love? I'm a human too, Niall. And my heart breaks just like everyone else's. Besides I'm not an adult in his eyes. I'm a child who can't handle myself," Harry looked at the ground and softly said, "I'm weak."

Niall sighed, "He didn't mean that. You know he didn't."

"He looked me in the eye and told these things. I mean nothing."

Niall moved Harry to the couch. "It was the heat of the moment. He has so much anger and betrayal pent up and it all let go."

Harry put his head in his hands. "I tried to explain-"

"He needs more than that. He is terrified of getting hurt again. And if anything else I love you, Harry."

Harry smiled softly. "I love you, Niall."

"So who is Ashton?" Niall asked pushing Harry's hair back out of his face.

-

The next morning, Louis came out of his room much calmer. He walked into the family room and saw Harry and Niall cuddling on the couch. He resisted the temptation to push Niall's off the couch and continued to walk to the kitchen.

He put a kettle on the stove and sat at the kitchen island. He pulled out his phone and scrolled through twitter.

Niall rolled over and fell on the floor with a thump. He sat up and stretched before looking at Harry. Niall felt like Harry's protector. He was there to save Harry from mean thoughts and words. Niall grabbed the blanket that fell down with him and tucked Harry in. Then, he went to the kitchen.

"Good morning."

"Good morning Louis. You have any idea of what we should do today?" Niall asked.

Louis put his phone down and shook his head.

"Well, I do and it's called talking to Harry."

Louis rolled his eyes and picked his phone up as Harry walked in looking like a kicked puppy.

"Why the sad face, H?"

Harry pouted, "You left and I became cold and lonely."

Niall laughed and scuffled Harry's hair. "Go shower, Harry."

Harry nodded and left. The tea kettle started screaming so Niall grabbed a mug and filled it with water for Louis.

Louis started to prepare his tea when a phone started to ring. Niall grabbed it and saw the contact "Ashton" and realized it was Harry's. He answered it and put it on speaker so he could make coffee while talking.

"Hello?"

"Harry, so Michael and I want to hang with you again soon! Maybe later today? I know it's raining so we could play FIFA or something. Maybe not FIFA I suck at it but Michael enjoys it." Ashton rambled.

"I think we should."

"Harry, you sound Irish over the phone it's sick."

"Well this isn't Harry actually. It's his best friend."

"Louis? Oh wait no that is the ex. You're Niall? Right?"

"Correct! Hello."

"And Louis is the ex right? The one that made him cry?" Ashton asked.