Chapter Five - What They Had.

Six Years Ago.

Louis: 15

Harry: 13

×××

Snow was collecting on the windows, letting the heat from the room to leave. It was December 20th and Louis was having a birthday party. He was in High School and the footie team. The guest list consisted of his teammates and some people from drama club, including this really cute girl named Hannah who was Sandy in their school production of Grease.

The oddball out was a kid from year 9. Everyone else was in year 11 or 12.

"Lou, did you have to invite the little one?" Stan asked.

Louis shrugged holding their snacks in his arms, "He's my friend."

Stan takes a bag of crisps from Louis, shaking his head.

Harry sat in the corner of the room watching Louis’ friends wrestling and throwing things. Some were playing Xbox and the girls were either watching amused or disgusted. He didn’t mind being alone. He knows he doesn’t belong. In fact he was surprised when he got the invitation. Harry didn’t exactly belong with Louis’ friends. Jay probably wrote the invitation and was kind enough to remember the little lonely boy across the street.

“Hi, I’m Hannah? And you are?”

Harry glanced up at the blonde girl. “Harry.”

She sat next to him and pushed his hair out of his face, “I like your hair. I was in your classes at the beginning of the year when it was straight. You look really good with it. You’re cute.”

“Thank you,” Harry blushed, “How do you know Louis?”

Hannah blushed, “I was Sandy for the musical. I hated the movie, loved the attention. Louis is such a flirt you know? He is cute and all, but not my type.”

“What is your type?”

“I like cute boys. Like innocently cute. Louis is cocky. He knows he’s talented and cute. I like the boys who blush when I compliment them,” She winked at Harry.

Harry’s eyes widened. Louis has been talking about this girl 24/7 since the first rehearsal of Grease … and she doesn’t like Louis, she likes Harry. “I- I can’t- uh but Louis like- I mean- uh what?”

Hannah giggled, “I like you. You are so smart and adorable.”

“I can’t- Hannah, I’m sorry. But like Louis-“

“Bros before hoes, I understand,” Hannah frowned.

Harry backtracked, “Don’t call yourself that,” He glances at Louis, “You can’t help who you like.”

Hannah sighed, drawing Harry’s attention back to her, “Yeah, I’m sorry for bothering you.”

“You’ll find your one someday, but it’s not me.” Harry felt bad, looking at her melancholy face, so he leaned in and kissed her soft cheek.

“Harry? What the hell?”

They looked up to see Stan with Louis.

Everything seemed to stop.

Harry couldn’t meet Louis’ eyes.

“See Louis? This is what you get for inviting a fucking year 9.”

“It’s not what it looks like-“

“Louis doesn’t want to hear it, pipsqueak. Why don’t you call your mommy to take you home, I think it’s getting close to your bed time?”