Chapter Nine - What They Have.

This is from present day. It is what they have.
-

Harry sighs as he packs his collection of bandanas into a bag. His long curly brown hair flops into his face for the tenth time. He should really get it trimmed, but he likes the feeling of Louis pulling on it... Or he used to at least. Harry grabs the package of hair bands and pulls half of his hair up.

In four hours, he and Niall would be boarding a plane to Australia. Louis and Zayn were going to meet them there and they'd fly to their vacation they spent two years saving for.

It was a serious conversation about whether to cancel the entire trip because of Louis and Harry's break up three months ago, but both Harry and Louis insisted it was fine. They could deal with the tension.

The break up was the hardest on Harry in his opinion. Louis seemed to only be effected emotionally. He looked great. He looked like he gets full nights of sleep, eating food and he looked happy. Happy without Harry. Happy with Zayn.

Harry wasn't jealous of Zayn because Zayn was stealing Louis. Zayn was straight and apparently had a fiancé, but Harry doesn't really care. He is just angry that Zayn is receiving all of Louis' attention. For all he knows they could be smoking weed somewhere.

Nevertheless, Harry can't get Louis to listen to him. It's useless. Harry's useless.

A knock on the door frame startles Harry. His head snaps to look at the door.

"Hey buddy, how you doin'?" Niall asks, cracking a small smile.

Harry shrugs in response.

Niall makes his way into Harry's room and leans against the dresser. "Everything packed?"

Harry nodded, causing Niall to sigh.

"You don't look very good," Niall stated when he saw Harry's face. "You look awful in fact. Did you sleep at all last night?" Niall grabbed Harry's shoulders when he didn't answer. "Have you eaten anything? You look like you haven't showered in weeks."

Harry looks at the ground, finally speaking, "I feel awful, Niall." He rests his head on Niall's shoulder. "Why did he have to leave me?"

Niall hugs Harry tightly.

"I dunno what to do without him. He has just always been in my life."

"Okay Harry, go shower, and I'll have tea and some food ready for you and Greg will be here in about two hours to drive us to the airport. You are going to be okay. Be strong. We have to meet Louis and Zayn there."

Harry nodded and went into the bathroom.

Niall set out an oversized button-up, skinny jeans, and a fedora. He knew it was Harry's favorite thing to wear. He then ran to the kitchen and put on the kettle as well as ordering pizza - Niall doesn't cook, he only eats - and pulling out the ice cream to start melting enough for them to scoop with normal spoons straight out of the tub.

When the shower shut off, Niall had the tea ready with ice cream next to it.

"Where'd the ice cream come from?" Harry asked setting the hat on his head, "I thought we didn't have any."

"I have a secret stash. I feel bad for you so I decided to share."

"How kind of you. So this is the food I need?"

Niall nodded, "I also ordered pizza."

"You're trying to make me fat."

Niall didn't comment on how much weight Harry has lost in three months. Harry doesn't know that Niall has noticed. He was good at hiding it under his oversized shirts. He didn't want to cause Niall to worry.