Epilogue

Louis was tired. He grabbed his cane and walked over to the front door and stared at Harry on the porch.

Harry was calmly watching the ocean crashing on the beach. He was dozing off as the sun set in the horizon. Louis stepped outside and walked over to him.

"Harry?"

Harry immediately stirred awake, "babe? Is everything ok?"

Louis smiled and nodded. "How about we head to bed, dear."

Harry grabbed hold of Louis' hand and slowly stood up. Together they walked inside and locked the doors and turned light off.

Inside the bedroom Louis set his cane down and changed into sweatpants and got into bed. Harry whistled at him and kissed his cheek.

Harry curled up in the blanket so he could stare into Louis' eyes.

"You know, 40 years of marriage and I'm still as much in love with you now as I was then," Harry whispered.

Louis smiled, "I love you too."

They both closed their eyes and drifted off to sleep.

-*-
Louis and Harry were making dinner for a romantic candle lit dinner. They were sneaking kisses here and there and a couple of bum slaps too. Louis looked at Harry and suddenly his left side of his body went limp.

He knew something was wrong. He tried to say something but his speak was super slurred. Harry looked over and was horrified. He dropped everything and grabbed his phone and called the emergency responders.

Louis eased himself to the ground as tears came out of his eyes. "I'm scared," he slurred.

Harry waited until the responder hung up and got down next to Louis and held him "you're going to be ok."

Soon Louis was taken out of Harry's warm embrace and put into an ambulance.

Harry got in his car and raced to the hospital to be with Louis.

He sat in the waiting room for what felt like years. Finally a doctor came out.

"Mr. Tomlinson?"

Harry jumped up, "that's me."

The doctor looked at Harry and swallowed, "your husband suffered a severe stroke. Not enough oxygen was getting to his brain and due to his old age it was very dangerous. I'm sorry, but he didn't make it. His brain gave up."

Harry fell to his knees, sobbing. The love of his life is gone.

"Harry," the doctor said

"Harry."

-*-

"Harry."

Harry jumped awake. He looked at his husband and started crying harder.

"I had a dream where you died. I lost you again. I never want to lose you again. I love you. I love you so much." Harry cried.

Louis ran his fingers through Harry's gray hair, "you'll never lose me again baby. I'm here forever. You're stuck with silly old me for eternity. I love you more than life itself."

And they fell back asleep in each other's arms.

---
A quick little epilogue

woo

-larrywanks