Chapter One - What They Had.

14 years ago.

Louis: 7

Harry: 5

×××

The sound of heels clacking on the floor every second. Anne was freaking out due to the fact her babysitter just canceled. This date with a guy she met at work has been planned for two weeks. She even made sure Gemma was at a friend's house all night.

His name was Robin and he just got promoted to be her co-manager. After completely butting heads, he asked her to  dinner. She had accepted and was looking forward to it for so long, but she can't go if Harry has no one looking after him. Anne pulled out her phone and called her last hope. She walked into the room Harry was playing with toy cars.

After a few rings, a sweet voice answered, "Anne? I thought you were on a date?"

Anne set down her power on the coffee table. "I would if my babysitter didn't cancel last minute," Anne looked down to see Harry try to eat her foundation powder, "No, Harry baby, you can't eat Mummy's make-up. Sorry, do you think you could fill in?"

"I don't know, I mean Louis-"

"I'm sure Harry would love him and Lottie even! Please, I think Robin might be the one."

Jay sighed, "Okay, but is Harry quiet? Because you know I just had Fizzy."

"Oh he is good, is that a yes?"

"Yes."

Anne smiled and hung up. She picked up Harry. Harry kissed her on the cheek and wrapped his arms around her neck.

"Mummy where Lily? You say Lily come."

Anne kissed Harry's head. "Lily had plans sweetie."

Harry started to cry. Anne sighed and pleaded with him to stop. Which he did, after he was promised a cookie.

Anne hurried Harry out the door and across the street. She was so happy Jay lived so close.

Harry ran to the door and tried reaching to the knob.

"Harry, you know you're not allowed to do that!" Anne scolded her toddler. She handed his chocolate chip cookie and the door opened to show Jay.

Harry rushed forward, "I lose two teeth, see?" He smiled and showed his chocolate covered teeth to Jay. But his front to teeth were, in fact, lost.

Jay laughed, "That's so cool! Do you want to come inside Harry?"

A squeal erupted from Harry and he grabbed Jay's hand and rushed inside. "Bye Mummy."

"Bye Jay, you're a love life saver."

Jay nodded and bent down to Harry the best she could, she still had pains from having Fizzy three weeks ago, "Harry, this is my son Lou."

"Hi Lou!" Harry said, but it sounded more like Boo due to his small lisp from his missing front two teeth.

Louis smiled at Harry, "You wanna play with cars?"

Harry nodded over excitedly.

They sat down in the living room and started pushing the toys around various surfaces.

Johanna grabbed the green beans and chicken nuggets Anne left out for dinner. She listened to the boys interact with each other, and everything was going smoothly, until Harry gasped.

He ran in the kitchen. "What time is it Mrs. Jay?"

"5, why Harry?"

Harry looked at his feet, "Can I watch Spongebob Squarepants on the telly? Mummy usually let's me."