Intro

They kicked my knees and fell to the tile. I looked down at the shiny floor and didn't dare try to look up.

"What is this all about?"

Asked a strange voice. I felt eyes fall upon me.

"This girl tried stealing a piece of bread from the kitchen. She also hurt one of the guards with her sword."

One of the guards answered. I licked my lips to taste the dull bread. The three stolen bites had filled my stomach.

"Tell me thief, what is your name and why do you steal from us?"

I looked up to the master elf. He had long black hair and light brown robes on. As we met eye contact he seemed to be a little frightened. A small smile crossed my face.

"Lord Elrond, I am Elm. For I stole because I was hungry."

I told him with an emotionless voice. He motioned for the guards to leave. He turned behind him to this small elf-child.

"Arwen, go find your mother."

Elrond told the small elf-child. The small girl with black hair that reached her shoulders ran out of the room. When she was far away enough not to hear a word Elrond sat down in a chair.

"Elm child of the two elements. I have heard rumors of you. So, why are you here, there must be a reason?"

He asked me. I gave him one of my evil looks. How did he know I came for a reason?

"I come to Rivendell to learn the art of archery. As you know, the ones who cared for me handed me off to the dwarves of the Blue Mountains when I was two because they thought I was a danger. At age five I had specialized in swords. By age seven I had killed over twenty men. When I reached the age of ten I left the Blue Mountains in search of a good teacher to teach me all the wonders of the world. In Bree I had learned of you and your teachings. I traveled here for a good month and now that I'm finally here, I have to ask. Do I have your blessing to be called your student?"

I explained to Elrond. He had put his chin into his open hand. He was staring off out of an open window. Had he been listening to me? I grew a little red.

"I will take you under my arm as a student under one condition, you will be part of Rivendell's army."

Elrond replied. I almost laughed when he told me I had to be part of their army. The only reason I left the Blue Mountains was because I wanted to escape my label of 'the demon killer'. I looked at Elrond with a serious tone to my eyes.

"Fine, I'll be part of your army, I just don't want any elf to call me by my label."

I spit at him. He stood up out of his chair and came towards me.

"From here on out you will known as my student and nothing else. Your past will disappear from you."

Elrond replied. He came behind me and untied the ropes that held my hands together. When he finished I stood up and gave him a little smile.

"So whose dwarf family were you adopted into?"

He asked as he went over to his books.

"It wasn't really a family it was just a dwarf. Although he did have a very nice kin ."

I answered as I made my way towards the sword that caught my eye. It was pieces and placed in a box filled with cotton.

"What was this young dwarf's name that took care of you?"

He questioned as he started writing in a book.

"His name was Thorin Oakenshield."