Lady of the stars

I woke up with the sound of growls. These growls sounded like the wargs. I almost screamed out of fear but covered my mouth and bit on my finger. I got up and went out to the pasture where Mori and many others were taking refuge from the beasts.

"Mori, I need help."

I told him in horse tongue. He nodded his head and bowed down for me. I got on top of Mori. I looked down at my side to find Arrow ready to race for refuge from the wargs. I kicked his sides and we were off at a full gallop. I looked back at the house where the wargs were attacking. One of them spotted us and started to chase us.

"I hope you're fast."

I told the horse looking back at the wargs coming at us.

"Brace yourself."

Mori replied as we jumped over a fence that kept them in. I grabbed onto his mane and was only kept on that way. I landed hard onto the horse's back which made me gasp in pain. He started to run as fast as he could. I dug my fingers into his mane as if it were my life saver. I looked back at the wargs who were nearing. I let go of the mane and dug my heels into the horse's sides.  I grabbed an arrow from my back and placed in it in the bow. I aimed and shot a warg. I looked down at Arrow who was doing his best. I then looked at Mori who was running as fast as he could. I grabbed another arrow and placed it into the bow. I aimed and fired which made it's way into a wargs skull. I smiled at my good aim. I started to count the number of wargs who were gaining on us. I counted a total of fifteen. Fifteen who could rip down this horse and kill me or could jump up and grab my throat. I bit the side of my cheek. I needed to get closer to the wargs, so I wouldn't lose so many arrows. I shot another arrow which took out two. I smiled a bit, just good archery skills. I grabbed another arrow and shot it at the one who was closest to me.

"Mori, slow down your pace and let me deal with the rest. Make sure you listen to my feet."

I yelled at him in his tongue. He started to make his run into a lope. I started slaying the wargs inch by inch. My arms started to feel heavy reaching down to kill them. I looked around to find I only had three more. I gave an evil look to them and they came at me trying to rip my throat out. I lost sight of one which I didn't really care for. I slew two as I looked over to my left. When the two fell dead I all of a sudden was pushed off my horse. I could feel the pain of claws dig into my back as I was pushed off. I gasped in pain. It felt like a dagger had got me. My face met the grass. I tried to turn over quickly, but the warg landed on me and started to bite at me. I held my arms up in the air to try to protect myself, but it didn't work as well as I had hoped. I could feel the teeth rip into my skin and start to tear at my insides. I shrieked in pain as the warg continued. Then it was kicked over by something. I rolled over on my back exhausted. I started to cough weakly. I looked over the warg who was getting back up and started coming at me. I placed my left hand over the hole in my right side. I grabbed my sword and sat up, ready for the warg. It came at me. My vision started to become black. I shook my head trying to clear my vision. I held up the sword which would protect me. The warg, being so stupid, ran right into it. He put up a good fight trying to stay alive. When I could hear no more growls of pain I closed my eyes and laid down on the grass. I needed to think of loving things.

"Fili."

I whispered. I started to think of his face and all the good things he did for me. I could feel my wound start to heal. I then opened my eyes and looked at my wound. It had stopped bleeding and slowly healing. With much strength, I got up.

"Lady Irene, are you okay?"

Mori asked as he came to my side. I still held my aching side.

"I'm fine, just get me to Mirkwood."