Steward of Gondor

It was three days with little rest till we reached Gondor. I was tired and sore from all the riding, but atleast we had made it close to the gates of Mordor. Arrow was just about to collapse from exhaustion. We hadn't eaten anything since two days ago afternoon which was a few berries. When we got to the gates of Gondor people looked at us like we were creatures from Mordor. I jumped off of Arrow, so he could take his steps easier. As I got off I fell to my knees in lack of sleep. I couldn't keep my head up and it was too hard for me to even look at things. A few of the guards came to help me up. When they got me to my feet I still had a tough time standing up, so they had to hold me. A guard on a horse rode towards me. I looked at Erulasse who looked as if she were to pass out. Her skin was pale and her eyes seemed darker than usual.

"Who are you and where do you come?"

He asked me. I tried focusing on him ,but it was so difficult. My stomach growled like a warg threatening it's prey.

"I am Irene of Rivendell and this is Erulasse of Mirkwood. We come in peace. We have a message for your Steward."

I said lazily. I could hear the slur of my words. He nodded his head to the guards.

"Get her and her friend safely to the kingdom and make sure the knows that they come from the elves."

The captain told them. I looked at Arrow who was on the floor begging for air.

"Captain, this one has a warg."

Said one of the soldiers. I looked over at the soldier.

"My warg is no warg, indeed he is well trained and is lord Elrond's most honorable pet."

I replied, trying to keep the guards calm. The lies I told would be discovered soon, but for now I needed rest. I then nodded off. I didn't know whether I had passed out because I was so sleepy or because of lack of food.

I woke up in a room. I uncovered myself from the bedsheets and looked down at the white sleeping gown they had given me to wear. I sighed and stood up. I stretched a bit. As I stretched I found a plate of food filled with grapes and a loaf of bread. I stuffed my mouth with bread and gulped it down with grapes.

"The lord requests to see both your sister and you."

A voice said. I turned around startled. A guard was standing in the doorway.

"Thank you."

I nodded my head and he left. The door was left open. I popped my head out of the open door and into the hallway. I could see a woman with some drinks coming down the hall. I stepped back into my bedroom and started to investigate. I looked outside which was dusk time. We had arrived around sun up this morning, so I got at least a good twelve hours of sleep in. I looked back at the bed which was just plain old white. The room had a grey to it which kind of gloomed my spirit. Where were my clothes? I knock came from my door and I turned towards it.

"Yes?"

I asked. The door opened and I expect it to be Erulasse, but it was a woman. I sighed a little bit under my breathe.

"My lady Irene, I have brought you some wine and a request from Erulasse. "

The woman offered me the cup. I walked towards the cup and accepted it. I smelt the ripe wine which sweet. I sipped it a little bit. The wine felt strange going down my throat. I looked at the woman who gave me a little smile and handed me a piece of paper.

"Elm, you are requested to attend the dinner tonight try to hunt down some fine silks. Tomorrow we go off again and shall meet the one we seek. I'll see you tonight."