The beginning

"Elm, wargs are attacking up South."

Elrond told me. I looked at him with gloom eyes. Them damned wargs. I looked down at Arwen who was holding my child in her arms and walking around in the courtyard. Elronds hand touched my shoulder.

"Do you wish to come?"

He asked in a whisper. I thought for a second or two. I was already in my armour because I was on duty today.

"Arwen, I am going to be off. Take care of Mohel for me while I'm gone."

I called out to Arwen. She looked up at me and smiled. I walked away from the balcony and followed Elrond to the stables. I got on my own horse, Oak. She was as brown as the bark on an oak tree. I grabbed my flag that meant Rivendell and put it in my saddle pouch to hold flags. I adjusted my bow and arrows so they wouldn't fall out. The elves started to line up as I was the second behind Elrond.

"We ride South."

Elrond ordered. We all kicked our horses and rode South.

We got to the top of the land where dead grass lay browning from the sun's rays. We caught up to the wargs who were chasing something or someone. One of the elves blew their horn and we started to shoot down the wargs and their riders. Out of all the elves on this mission I had reason to be here and get revenge. I didn't let one of them fowl creatures get past my eyes. I shot a total of five dead not including their riders. I let one die painfully and slowly as I shot it in the back of it lung. I got off my horse and stabbed one running at me. My light long sword entered its skull and digged through until it was dead. I kicked it with fury.

"Damn you!"

I said under my breath as I pulled my sword out of the wargs dumb skull. I scrapped the blood off my sword through the dead grass. I got back on Oak and caught up with the other elves who were riding back to Rivendell. Our job was done and there were no wargs or orcs left undead.

We rode down the steep trail back to our home. It was a beautiful day outside. I looked up to sky to see if there were any clouds out. We finally got back after a good fifteen minute trot back home. Only then did I see them. Dwarves. We started to circle around them and finally we stopped. I looked down at all of them trying not to make eye contact. I found Kili and Fili. Fili was next to my horse looking up and down at me. I did not really listen to elrond as he shared kindly words with the older man. I then found Thorin. I almost jumped out of my skin. He had darken much since the last time I had seen him. I bit the inside of my cheek. I looked at Elrond who got off of his horse and hugged the old fellow. He handed the sword to his young apprentice. The other elves and I bailed out before any of the dwarves started to make a fuss. Fili and I made eye contact. He smiled at me and punched Kili. Before Fili could point me out to his brother I rode off to go put my horse back in it's stall.

I got back to the stall where Arwen and my baby met me. I put my flag down on the floor. I walked over to Arwen who was carrying the little bundle. I reached out my arm so Arwen could place my baby in my arms. She placed her gently down in my arms. I went to go find a nice bench to sit down on. arwen joined me.

"Elm, I know this must not be easy for you. I mean it's only been a week. Just know I'm always here."

Arwen told me as she placed her gentle hand on my shoulder. I looked into Arwen's eyes. I gave her a little smile.

"You know I still haven't weeped, yet?"

I asked her. She let go my shoulder and looked down at Mohel. I looked down at her too. She was soundly asleep with her tiny fingers over her right cheek. Her brown lock of hair made me think of Malon. I wanted to weep so badly, but I couldn't. I looked up at Arwen who was still looking at the baby.