I see fire

"Elm, you okay?"

Questioned an unfamiliar voice. I rolled over to face the voice. I moaned as I opened my sore eyes. I looked up at a blonde elf. I started to cough. The smoke had completely choked me up last night. I rubbed my eyes with my burning hands. I could feel the ash on my skin start to dig into my skin as I continued to rub my skin. I stopped rubbing them. I sat up with a couple of pops of my sore joints. I looked next to me where Eruasse was sitting in the water. I guess the water kept her happy. I could tell she was on the verge of tears. My lips felt as if a bee had stung them, they were so swollen and chapped. I dipped my hand into the lake water and wiped my wet hand over my face.

"I don't think they made it out."

I finally said as I finished wiping most of the ash off my face. The blonde elf sat down in front of us and kept looking at us. He then moved closer to Erulasse and wiped away some ash from underneath her eye.

"I don't think they made it out."

I said again staring out to the burnt and ruined town. It was there hours before standing peaceful, but now it was smoking and gone. I could see the tail of the dragon peeking out from the water.

"I don't think they made it out."

I cried as I looked over at the dead body floating in the water. The blonde elf put his hand on my leg which had severed burn on it. I could easily heal it, but I wanted to feel the pain others did. I looked down at my bare hand which was completely soaked with blood from my burns.

"I don't think they made it!"

I cried even harder. My eyes filled with tears and they escaped my eyes. The tears made a trail down my cheeks. I put my burning hands over my eyes as more tears escaped my eyes. The blonde elf let go of my leg. I could hear him stand up and start walking away. I let my hands fall into my lap. I looked at Erulasse who looked at me. I stood up through some painful groans. I looked at Erulasse who now as staring at the dragon tail. I started to limp my way towards the group of people. I could see people now just starting to swim up and warm by the fire. I went over to a boat which was stained with burns. I looked into it to find blood, but not much of it. I looked at a woman who was crying and holding a baby to her chest. I looked closer at it to find a baby with closed eyes and a piece of debris through it's eye. It was pale. I gasped slightly and continued along. So much pain and tears all around me. I looked at the Lonely Mountain where my thoughts were truly being kept. I looked at the shore where I saw the most beautiful thing.

"Fili!"
I screamed. I ran towards them at them at the fastest pace I could. I could feel eyes watch as I ran clumsily down the sand towards them. I had to jump around to get to them. I guess none of them realized I was running towards them. As soon as I was just about to approach them they were rowing away.

"Fili!"

I screamed from the shore of the lake. I watched as the boat drifted slowly away. Tauriel and Legolas stood behind me watching as they rowed away. It seemed like seconds that I just stood there, but I guess it was hours because when I looked around the dirty campsite where everyone was recovering was now more clean. The dead were piled up and were ready to be burned and the ladies were drying out wet blankets. I looked out to the lake where the sun was lighting it up to make it more peaceful. I started to limp towards a fire where many people were trying to keep warm. I looked around to try to find Erulasse. I found her with two others. She was chewing on some soggy bread. I sat down next to her. She tore off a piece of bread for me.

"Elm, this is Legolas and Tauriel. I think you have met them before."

Erulasse told me. I met eye contact with them. They looked away and looked at the ground. They were probably disgusted by the past events of the night.