Lady of Water

We rested after a ten hour ride. There was a lake nearby to wash up in. I took a quick dip, just to clean myself up. Erulasse went hunting upon her elk. Arrow rested next to our campsite. I grabbed some firewood since Erulasse would be back soon with our meal. I didn't have much ranger skill, but Erulasse did which helped me majorly. I sat in front of the pile of unlit firewood. How the heck would I make the wood set on fire? I turned to Arrow who had his dark green eyes on me. His white coat made them pop out, it was interesting that he had changed so much in one week.

"Arrow, do you breathe fire?"

I asked him. He rose his head from the dirt.

"I think thats quite offensive."

Arrow told me. I rose an eyebrow.

"I was just wondering, it's not offensive unless you stress it out."

I replied turning back to the wood. I started to think to myself. Mother told me I had the power of both fire and earth with me. Well, maybe quite possibly I could set these logs on fire. I started to focus on my energy. I needed to think really hard. I closed my eyes and squinted really hard to think as hard as possible. Soon I felt this overwhelming sensation of what felt like heat and life. The heat went to my hands. I opened up my eyes and pointed my hands towards the wood. The overwhelming power of fire shot out from my palms which lit up the wood, but it also set fire the trees around us. I gasped as I looked around at the fires which were dressed in red hot fire. I looked down at Arrow who was on his feet aware and ready to run. I jumped up onto his back leaving everything behind including my armory and weapons.

We ran as fast as we could to get away from the fire. We then stopped. Arrow rose his nose up to the sky and started to smell around. I let him study the air. He then let out a howl which echoed through the woods. He then lowered his head and perked up his ears.

"So, what is it?"

I asked.

"Shh. I'm trying to listen."

Arrow told me. I closed my lips and listened as well. He then turned towards the fire. We started to run towards the fire.

"Where are we going?"

I asked him as I looked at the flames we were approaching.

"Erulasse is at the fire with her elk."

Arrow told me. I shuttered. Was Erulasse hurt? We approached the burning part of the woods to be met by a surprising sight. Erulasse was rinsing the fire with the water which came from her hands. A terrible scene turned into an okay scene, was fine by me. Erulasse turned to me and gave me a nasty look. I smiled to myself and took in major pride about my fire. Erulasse turned off the fire within ten minutes. By then I was sitting on the floor next to the lit campfire. Erulasse walked towards me pissed off.

"Go and make the trees come back to life as I make dinner."

She told me as she picked up the three rabbits from off the floor. I stood up and gave her a small smile.

"Aren't you proud?"

I asked her as she passed me to her elk.

"About what?"

She replied as she fed her elk something. I huffed a little bit.

"My fire I made!"

I told her almost shouting. I pointed to the dead trees. she looked at me and shook her head.

"There's nothing to be proud of."

She said as she stuck a stick up the rabbit's mouth. I sighed and looked at the tree.